cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Unable to Locate Recording

We recorded a Webinar session this morning. After completing the conversion, we cannot find anything but the chat log in the folders and the pending conversion window is now blank.

We were not given the option on where to save the conversion before recording or after conversion and have looked in all possible folders. Does anyone have any tips on how to access the recording in these situations?

38 REPLIES 38
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Unable to Locate Recording

Hi Cori,

If you launch the Recording Manager there is a section that shows your converted recordings:
You can change the default location for converted recordings in the GoToWebinar software Preferences, by default we use your Documents folder. If you need to run the conversion again, you can https://community.gotomeeting.com/gotomeeting/topics/using-the-recording-manager
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

I'm having a similar problem. We just completed an online meeting and I hit record when it started. When the meeting ended, the system did not ask me to convert the recording (despite that being the default) and there was no trace of the recording anywhere. Please advise.
New Contributor

I just had the same issue.. grrr.. I've never had a problem with the recordings and I actually love them. But today it failed to record two. In other words, there are no new files to convert to .mp4 or .wav files. Any help on this???
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Ray, were you hosting webinars and are you also using the GoToWebinar online recording feature?

New Contributor

Same issue.
I recorded the meeting.  Then I saved and even converted the file, however, I was unable to choose a folder to save it in, nor was I given an option of where to save it.  Now I cannot locate it.  Help!?
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Steven, can you check your GoToMeeting preferences and see where your recordings are currently set to save to? If you open up the converter window, you can also open the recordings folder from there too.
New Contributor

same issue.   didn't save multiple recordings to the folder that is designated.   I also wasn't prompted to convert and now cant find any of the files....
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Jonathan, are you using a PC or a Mac? Did you set a local or a network drive as the recording location? We recommend using a local hard drive for best results. 

New Contributor

Yes, PC and to my local c:documents folder