cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Waiting room shows between changing presenters

How can I make the transition flow better without showing the waiting room between changing presenters? It should go directly from one screen to the the other.
7 REPLIES 7
Active Contributor

Re: Waiting room shows between changing presenters

Been curious about that as well... but didn't see a way around it.
New Contributor

I've tried many different ways and can't do it. Even changing screens from the same presenter or launching polls. It should be a smooth transition from screen to screen. No one wants to see that waiting room in the middle of the webinar!
Active Contributor

agreed!
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Marcia and Vicki,

There isn't a way to prevent the waiting room from showing while changing presenters. The default behavior currently is for screensharing to pause while changing presenters, which then results in the waiting room being displayed. I'll be glad to pass your feedback on to our product developers though and hopefully we can have a better solution for this in the future.

New Contributor

This is my current problem. I do not want to see the waiting screen in between presenter changes. Can something please be looked in to?
Tags (1)
LogMeIn Contributor

@Sean_White  I'm afraid the process for changing a presenter is not one that allows for automatic screen sharing at the same time.  That being said, there are some ways you can improve the presenter hand-off with this Attendee Setting (changeable online):  https://blog.gotomeeting.com/simplified-presenter-swap/ 

Respected Contributor

AshC - That appears to be a feature for GoToMeeting rather than GoToWebinar.

A solution that allows any one of 500 attendees, on their own initiative, to immediately take control of the screen sharing and become the presenter is a scary thought.