cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Where is my recording

I recorded my webinar but at the conclusion of it, I did not have a file available to convert. When i went to the file that stores the GTM original files there is nothing there for today's webinar. What happened to my recording? Can i get it back?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Where is my recording

Hi Tyler, I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to locate your recording. Unfortunately, it won't be possible to recover a lost recording, but hopefully we will be able to find it or a copy. Do you have online recordings enabled on your account, or were you only recording to your local drive? Did you change the location of your recordings folder, or is it still the default? If it's not the default location, can you check your Documents folder to see if it is still there?

Does the recording not show-up in your recording manager, either?

Highlighted
New Contributor

My settings are to save it on my computer only. I haven't changed my settings since i started recording my webinars in March. It did not show up in my recording manager to begin with which is what prompted me to be concerned.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Actually i have found it in my main folder, not the "original" root folder where the rest of the preconverted files are. But it is listed with a 0 KB file size.
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

If the recording file is only 0 Kb, it sounds like it's corrupt; I apologize, as the recording will not be recoverable at this point... This typically happens if you start recording before you are connected to audio; the most common occurrence for this is right after the application launches, a window pops-up asking for you to chose computer audio or to dial-in. If you start recording before choosing a method in the pop-up, the recording will be corrupt. We are implementing a change in a future update to the software that will not allow users to be able to record before choosing an audio option.