cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda hart
New Contributor

can customers in China see these webinars

I have customers in China that I would like to reach. Can they listen in china to a go to meeting webinar?
8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: can customers in China see these webinars

Hi Linda,

As  long as they have Internet access and meet our system requirements, they should be able to attend your webinar. You could ask them to try our test meeting as a trial run: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/help_files/G2M050001?title=Test+your+Connection+%28Bef...
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar blocked in China?

Hi Chris,

When accessing China, you may find that connection allowances will vary.  Unfortunately we cannot predict when the country's firewall may block some US connections for LMI services, as they shift their political viewpoints etc.

david-park
Active Contributor

We aren't seeing people blocked, but the performance is poor when the presenter is also in China. When the presenter is in the US, and the participant is in mainland China, we have not had any issues with access or performance.

But when both are in mainland China, the performance is poor (but they still have access to the webinar).

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the feedback @david-park .

Attendees seeing delayed connections might consider running a trace route to 'egwglobal.gotomeeting.com' to see what the times are like.  As an example, 200+ ms on any stop could indicate a problem.

david-park
Active Contributor

So the trace route time is 170ms+, and this is on a wired connection, not wifi

traceroute.jpg

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@david-park  Those times are a little bit high.  Are you able to look up the IP address of some of the higher route stops?

david-park
Active Contributor

To be very frank, no, and not going to, and shouldn't have to.

The routing is what it is, and my team and I should not have to figure this out. We are a small team in a relatively small company and don't have the time. 

A competitor's tool runs just fine from their office, but I don't want to buy another webinar tool just for China, but I guess I might have to. 

If there is a setting in GTW that I can change to improve performance, great. But anything more than that, and we don't have the time or staff to do it. My guess is GTW does not have servers in China and they have to route data in/out of the country and that is killing the webinar performance. 

The other company we know has servers in China, and while I haven't run a trace route, using a demo license, it works just fine for my team. 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@david-park  We have a connection enhancement tool that may also be of use there:

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/install-and-run-the-connection-wizard-windows