cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

change recording name

how do i change the title of a recording?  once it's uploaded.  want a more friendly file name for sharing on the channel
8 REPLIES 8
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: change recording name

Hi Josh,
Thanks for posting!

I apologize, but there isn't a way to edit the name of a recording which has already been uploaded.  If you have a copy of it stored locally on your hard drive, then you can rename that file and upload a new copy of it to the Recording section of your account.  Alternatively, if the recording was automatically uploaded to the GoToWebinar website, then you can download a copy of it and rename that file.  Once it has been renamed then you can upload it again to the Recordings page.

New Contributor

How do you change the name of a recording after it has been prepared?

How do you change the name of a recording after it has been prepared?

LogMeIn Manager

Re: How do you change the name of a recording after it has been prepared?

HI,

If it's a local recording made to your computer, you should be able to right click the converted file and select Rename from the menu. Online recordings  take the name of the webinar by default and currently you cannot edit the name on the website. You would need to download the Online recording, edit the name and the upload it back to My Recordings on your account.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Is there a way to rename recordings

We have 8 calls for our monthly session.  Each call is a different topic.  Is there a way to rename the recordings saved to our dashboard?   It would make it a lot easier to find the recordings I want to share. 

What's the best way to manage the videos?  I don't want to make them public to everyone.  I want to share the link with only the people that were part of the calls.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Is there a way to rename recordings

@shayhoe  Unfortunately we still don't have any way to rename online recordings, however you can rename a recording file that you download before uploading it back to your account.  We are still considering this idea as a future enhancement.

Managing videos, I would suggest including the online recording in the followup emails to Attendees only:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/how-to/how-do-i-customize-emails-for-gotowebinar-00008406...

With regards to other ways to manage videos and publicize them, check out GoToStage: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/gotostage

Active Contributor

Please put a big ME TOO on this one. If I happen to forget to rename the file before uploading, or have a need to rename the uploaded recording in my library later (perhaps for disambiguation or to indicate that it is no longer current), I want a way to change the text name that viewers see on the registration page.

New Contributor

I find it mind-boggling that there is still no way to edit a video's title in the video manager. 

We can edit the video itself, including length, transcript, etc, but cannot change something as simple as the file name? We now need to re-upload huge video files because we cannot rename them to their final title.

C'mon guys this seems pretty basic. 

New Contributor

I agree.  How do you have an editor that allows you to completely edit the CONTENT, but not the filename?  Download a large video file, rename it, upload large video file.  What a waste of time and resources.

@dme102 wrote:

I find it mind-boggling that there is still no way to edit a video's title in the video manager. 

We can edit the video itself, including length, transcript, etc, but cannot change something as simple as the file name? We now need to re-upload huge video files because we cannot rename them to their final title.

C'mon guys this seems pretty basic.