cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: new gotowebinar not offering .wmv recording option ?! only g2m /slow conversion

So what is a simple and easy way for us non geeks to be able to open the file. I have no idea what to do to get it from g2m to wmv or anything else. This is hopeless and annoying for an everyday user. We just want to use the system. Not become geeks.
New Contributor

Re: new gotowebinar not offering .wmv recording option ?! only g2m /slow conversion

I am having the same problem.    Two g2m files and neither will convert to wmv.   The first one processes to about 10% and then just exits and the second one indicates that the transcoder can't be initialized.   I tried everything (renaming to wmv, using the standalone converter, Windows Expression etc.) but to no avail.   We can no longer use GotoMeeting (it's been the only tool we've ever used to this point) and are actively looking for a replacement.   Major fail Citrix.

New Contributor

I have just found an easy way to view a .g2m video: Media Player Classic. On my computer, the path to it is C:\WINDOWS\system32\C2MP\mp-hc.exe. I already had the codec. So not sure if that is needed or not. I had tried the changing the filetype from .g2m to .wmv, as suggested above) and it worked partially. I could watch the video in Windows Media Player, but could not move around the video easily to be able to just look at the section I was interested in. Whereas with Media Player Classic, I can. And I don't need to change the file type extension. I just changed the default application for .g2m files to Media Player Classic. I also have the Media Player Codec pack on my PC. Not sure if that is needed for Media Player Classic or not, but suspect it is. I loaded these a while back, long before I had this ridiculous problem with the .g2m videos.

At this point in time, I do not need to distribute most of my recorded GoToMeetings. I record all the customer support sessions I do for supporting my software, for my own purposes. That gives me the ability to refer back to it when I am trouble-shooting a problem they might have, or working with them on their PCs to understand how they do something and what they need my software to be able to do for them. Or if I want to grab screen shots of what I have taught them, from their own session, to create a custom user guide, for them. Right now, the screen shots (using Wisdom Screen-Hunter 6 Free) don't work. I shall have to look through the settings on Media Classic to see if I can change that. I do remember I had to change a setting on Windows media player so I could grab screen shots, Just can't remember what.

For some of you that need to distribute, this might not be a good enough solution. But for me, a heaved a huge sigh of relief, when I realized I could go back to watching snippets from the video I had just recorded, immediately after ending the GoToMeeting session. Hope this helps some of you. I will report back when I figure out which setting I have to change in Media Player Classic, to get the screen shots to work. It could be that I need to move to a more current version, I am currently using Media Player Classic 1.7.5, and they are up to 1.7.7, I think. Similarly, my Media Player Codec Pack is not the latest.

Good luck everyone. I was so upset when I discovered the other day that I could not watch my recordings without up to a 20 hour conversion. Sometimes my training sessions or customization sessions/requirements assessment sessions etc. run several hours.
New Contributor

Following up on my previous post regarding how to do screen shots from Media Player Classic.

1. Whole screen screen shot is easy. Stop the video where you want to take the screen shot and go to File > Save Image. You can even capture a sequence of images using File > Save Thumbnails.

2. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a setting in Media Player Classic that lets me make smaller screen shots using Wisdom-soft Screen Hunter 6, which is my preferred approach.

3.I did find out that how I resolved this in Windows Media Player was to turn off Overlay Mode. Go to Tools -> Options -> Performance -> Advanced...Uncheck Use overlays in the DVD Video section (or both).

4. So for now, I will have to do step 1 above to get the full screen shot in Media Player Classic, open the image and then use ScreenHunter to get the smaller image I wanted in the first place. Tedious and time consuming when I want to grab several small screen shots. But at least it is possible.

Don't have time to research this any further right now. If any of you know the equivalent setting in Media Player Classic for turning off 'Overlays'. I'd love to hear it.

I am currently using GTM 6.4.5.1865. Don't know how long that has been on my PC, but the problem started in the last couple of weeks some time.
New Contributor

I was able get around the g2m converter crashing by changing the extension to .wmv and then transcoding with the transcoder from an older version of GTM (I used a batch file from a support thread that no longer exists). I assume this tool will work as well:
http://support.citrixonline.com/meeting/all_files/G2M040018
Not applicable

mattm... can you send over the instructions.
Not applicable

I have customers waiting for two days for files i can not read or work. it worked just fine before.
changing the extension does not work!!
Where can i go to get these files transcoded!
Not applicable

also how do i revert to a previous build as well?
Not applicable

The g2m converter crashes after 3%. Where can i send these files to be converted!!!!
Not applicable

HELP, HELP, HELP