cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: new gotowebinar not offering .wmv recording option ?! only g2m /slow conversion

We are facing the same issue. We have recorded more than 1500 recordings, and have three accounts. Now we need to convert 2 hr long videos which takes a long time. Is there a better solution. Can we please restore previous option
New Contributor

Re: new gotowebinar not offering .wmv recording option ?! only g2m /slow conversion

Hi, I am late to the party and have been struggling since the change in GTM. It would have been nice for the support rep I emailed to advise me to simply change the extension. Glenn, however way you spin this, Citrix made a change to the way recordings work by outputting to a file with a "g2m" extension then telling people they can auto-convert at the end of a session or anytime afterwards.

Yes...maybe Citrix has ALWAYS formatted to WMV or whatever codec, but the information being provided was misleading as to how to get around the issue. Clearly ALL users were happy with the way the software worked for recording a session directly to WMV without the useless time consuming conversion.
New Contributor

what is the difference of adding WMV at the end and actually converting the file?
New Contributor

Converting the file may work, and you can then view/hear the recording.  
Simply renaming the .g2m file to .wmv does not work.
New Contributor

What is the difference of changing the extension vs actually converting?
New Contributor

So, I have been using the GoToConverter to convert my files but it's been a little while since my last file conversion. As of today I get a message in this tool that states that .gtm format is not supported. If I double click the recordings in .gtm format, it opens the Recording Manager and I can select files and click the "Convert Recording" button and the window/app closes and nothing gets converted. I am looking around for another converter that I can install. Has anyone found anything that will successfully convert .gtm files to a standard format in reasonable time? I tried changing the extension to .wmv as someone suggested, but then when I click to access the recording, it says I do not have correct codec and web browse does not find the codec. I can't put my users trough this and now have many recordings to convert. Appreciate your help.   
LogMeIn Manager

Separate Topic

Please reference the new conversation here: Trouble converting my recordings.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

It won't work if you just change the extension, your computer will read the extension as .wmv and try to play it as a .wmv file but when it goes to play it'll say it's corrupted because the actual file was not processed using WMV codec properties - it's like wearing a halloween costume, it may look like Spiderman but underneath it all it's not Spierdman - it's not the same.