cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

"sorry, this portion of the webinar cannot be viewed on your device" on Google Platform VM

I was trying using gotowebinar to join a public webinar but when the session started the slides windows showed the message "sorry, this portion of the webinar cannot be viewed on your device" with a black background. I was using Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter as a Google Compute Engine Virtual Machine. Knowing that I viewed another webinar before on the same VM

May you help please

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: "sorry, this portion of the webinar cannot be viewed on your device" on Google Platform VM

Hi @mofathy ,

In some cases you may see that message where your device does not support the way GoTo streams videos.  This is not related to desktop / application sharing or webcam sharing, but specific to videos the Organizer has queued up in advance of the broadcast.

Can you let us know if this problem persists, and if you were joined via the web app, or desktop application?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: "sorry, this portion of the webinar cannot be viewed on your device" on Google Platfor

Hello,

I had the same issue today. I had never heard about this problem before, a few people complained that they were getting this message and were not able to hear or see anything but a blank screen.

I was sharing a preloaded .mp4 video. Any idea why this is? The word (Web) didn’t appear next to their names which makes me believe they were using their desktop.

Is there a particular reason for this problem? I would like to have an idea of what can be done so we can address this and let them know in advance that some may have experience some issues.

Thank you!
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: "sorry, this portion of the webinar cannot be viewed on your device" on Google Platfor

@TheManuGarcia  We would want to know what devices and browser versions were in use on the attendee side in order to replicate the issue here.

Highlighted
New Contributor

MP4 viewing from mobile

Hi there -- I'm hosting and playing a MP4 that i've uploaded into the session. I've got an attendee watching from his Samsung Galaxy 9 (Android 10). He can see the presentation prior to and after the video. During the video play, he sees a black screen with a big gray "play" button that doesn't do anything. Then he got a message "Sorry, this portion of the webinar cannot be viewed on your device." Any ideas on how to overcome this? 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: MP4 viewing from mobile

Hi Karen,

I'm not aware of a problem like that with Android attendees currently.  Do you think they could reboot the entire device before your next broadcast and see if the video plays correctly? 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hello, I just had this happened to me this time, I was the one who wasn't able to watch the video that was being shared.

I use Chrome 80.0.3987.100, Windows 7 , Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6300U CPU @2.40GHz

Any ideas?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@TheManuGarcia  Were you using the web app or desktop app? 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Desktop app, I was actually a part of the Panelist group, the other people were able to see it but I wasn't.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@TheManuGarcia It should be fully compatible on Windows 7.  Do you know if this was an MP4 video or YouTube?