cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kleake
New Contributor

Unattended Access REMOVE tray message

We are looking into using this for remote access into systems mounted on a wall with no keyboard or mouse attached.  We can remote into them, make updates and log out but it leaves the little message by the clock that the machine was remoted using unattended access.  This little message covers part of what we need displayed.  Is there any way to make that go away?  It would be ok of it remained for a few minutes even, but it can't stay until someone clicks on it because there is no access to click.

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unattended Access REMOVE tray message

@kleake  I'm sorry, I don't know of any way to automatically remove that notification message.  I believe it was designed so that the person logging into that User Account knows that their machine may have changed etc.   Though, I understand how it could be inconvenient if you were using that specific space to show something important on the desktop.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kleake
New Contributor

Yea, I can understand why it's there, but without a way to remove it, it makes this took unusable for our needs.  These are wallboard machines, displaying call status and such high up on a wall in front of over 100 users.  There should be a way to disable that message if certain parameters are met.

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello kleake!

The Unattended Access was designed for supporting machines while the customer is afk, and when the technician left the computer, we has to notify the end user about the unattended access. This is the business use case. If the notification can be switched off, than the scammers/unwanted technicians could reach the target machine without any warning. This is a kind of security concern, to not let the notification disappeared.

Can you reach your wallboard machines via LAN or VPN? Because if you know the target machine's host name and admin credentials, you can reach them with Connect On Lan applet too. That applet would not leave any notification, just the technician and the wallboard machine have to be in the same network.

kleake
New Contributor

Yes, these machines are on the same network, but mostly different subnet.  We do know the target machines host name, but these users do not have admin rights to them.  The machines are logged in with a local user account only and with our previous tool, I can give access for those users to remote and make the updates they need.  If I try the "connect on lan" option, most of these machines do not show up in the list.  The ones that do, only some can I get it to connect.  The ones that do not show up, I can type the address and it will see it, but it fails to connect.

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

If all of the requirements are set from the rescue_tech_console_userguide.pdf on page 30-31, then the Rescue Tech Console should discover all of the network devices in the Connect on Lan list that you can find in the actual PC's Windows Network's list.

If you see more computers in the Windows Network's list, than in the Connect On LAN's list, probably some of the computers doesn't have the proper presettings regarding the COL. Usually the Remote Registry service is disabled.