cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GOMan
Active Contributor

AdService.exe No longer does AD Sync since end of April

Hello,

Since the end days of April, the ADService.exe aka AD Sync is not working.

Rerunning the setup and it talks to the AD, it knows how many users to sync up.

But the Rescue Active Directory Synchronization Service will not stay running and continually stops, even when I tell it to start or restart the service in failure, same thing.

This had been working fine for months and as far as I know the VM I am running it from had no changes applied.

I tried the brand new sync tool that has the Azure piece but still using the AD Sync side; same thing happens.

I have also tried running the setup on a completely different system (my own laptop) and have the same issue, the service just wont stay running and do the syncing.

Also I have had a ticket in with Support for a month and nothing back.

Please help me Obi-Wan Ken-Go-bi. You're my only hope.

WER Event Log:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: AdService.exe
P2: 2.0.138.0
P3: 9b1f39f4
P4: mscorlib
P5: 4.8.4480.0
P6: 61d667c0
P7: 3936
P8: 8
P9: System.ArgumentNullException
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_AdService.exe_c0cdc06394436d8457aea37e7e89096536ffff_e2dbccac_010cb9b7

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: ff2e9234-e054-11ec-80f1-005056929080
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket:

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: AdService.exe No longer does AD Sync since end of April

Hi @GOMan

I apologize for any delays.

Looking further into your case status, it appears that Customer Support has sent some email follow-ups requesting additional confirmation.  Could you check for those and reply directly to the email with any additional details? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GOMan
Active Contributor

Just an update, once I created new AD groups with less users I was able to do a one time sync at least and the service no longer crashes.

Guessing we ran into some undocumented maximum group user maximum that was breaking the ADSync service.

Now the Logs are not updating within the Admin console and its not doing live changes (like adding new users to the ad groups, disabling accounts) so still struggling there.

zstarczali
GoTo Contributor

Hello @GOMan,

I apologize for any delays.

I am a developer of Rescue who developed the new AdSync feature. Can we talk possibly by mail or other methods?

We found a bug in the new AdSync that prevented syncing. You can get this fixed in a few days at the Rescue-Amin Center. Another important piece of information is that old AdSync is no longer supported.

Please click my name in the Community to send a private message with your contact info. 
Thank you for your answer!

Zsolt

GOMan
Active Contributor

Thank you Zsolt, we have added you to email chain for ticket 17251072