Forum Discussion

MaVeN
Contributor
6 years ago

LogMeIn Antivirus will not install

I am stuck in a loop installing LogMeIn Antivirus on one endpoint.

The system is running Windows 10 1903 (all updates applied) and has a new install of the LMI agent, and I am trying to install LMI AV.  There is no other AV on the system besides Windows Defender.

When I try to push the install, I get this screen after a few minutes.  The system reboots and I end up with the red triangle in the web control panel.

Anyone else run into this issue and have a resolution? 

Thanks.  John

• We had experiencing the same issue, and we have received this morning an email LogmeIn support:

Oct. 20, 2020

Fixes

• The new 6.6.21.304 version of LogMeIn AV install now runs without errors on operating systems that have Windows Updates KB4580347 and KB4579311 (Oct 13) deployed.

I wish this could help you, cause i try to reinstall this morning and it works.

PMLouis
    Active Contributor

We had experiencing the same issue, and we have received this morning an email LogmeIn support:

Oct. 20, 2020

Fixes

• The new 6.6.21.304 version of LogMeIn AV install now runs without errors on operating systems that have Windows Updates KB4580347 and KB4579311 (Oct 13) deployed.

I wish this could help you, cause i try to reinstall this morning and it works.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi John,

Sorry for the error there when attempting the AV install.

Are there any messages associated with the red triangle icon?

MaVeN
      Contributor

AshC,

I never heard back from my ticket to support (#disappointed).  I had to deliver this machine to the customer today.  Due to its simple setup (very lucky), I nuked and paved the entire device and reinstalled everything to resolve the issue.  
      The red triangle provided no insight.  Basically could not install, see the LogMeIn Support pages.

Thanks for the follow-up.  Hopefully, I will not see this one again.

All the best.  John

TXTardis
        Active Contributor

Sorry Folks having to rebuild the entire computer is NOT a solution to the issue. Having to rebuild a computer is a last ditch effort by a knowledgable person to at least be able to move on. Your Dad calls you on the phone, says: I have an issue, would you consider your response of "Well Dad, looks like you will need to rebuild your computer.......again" to be a "solution"?

MaVeN
      Contributor

I now have this on a server machine I am trying to push the AV to.  

The message on the red triangle is:

Unable to install LogMeIn Antivirus.  Visit help.logmein.com for assistance.  
      Error message: LogMeIn AV install failed.

There are no other AV products on the system.

The installation process reboots the server and then fails.

What remedies are there for this issue? (besides nuke and pave as I am not doing that with a server).

Thanks.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

MaVeN Did you say you already performed a reboot of this server and the LMI AV error is the same?

TwilightZone
    Active Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem.

This is annoying for several reasons:

• The reboot just happens with no warning on the admin side.
    • No way to prevent or stop the reboot - There should be an option on the admin side to say no forced reboots.
    • The description for failure is useless. "Unable to extract", "Unable to download", "Unable to install"

One machine I managed to get working. I tried the following without success:

• Removing all group policy
    • Logging into a different local user account

In the end, I...

• Logged onto the remote machine, set the install to run in the admin page.
    • Copied the installation files from c:\windows\temp\LogMeInAV before they were auto deleted again.
    • Waited for the reboot and then manually installed it using the copied files.
    • Error came up about MalwareBytes being installed (Helpful thanks! Why not mention that on admin side?). That was the thing causing reboots - it was trying to remove it I think.
    • Manually removed malware bytes (it wasn't really installed - it was a ghost in add/remove programs).
    • Installed using the copied files manually - install complete!
    • Admin side showing installed but no policy applied and still the red triangle?? Still won't install from admin.
    • Manually uninstalled LMI AV, rebooted
    • Used admin page to install AGAIN!
    • Reboot, success!

What we really need is some way to just get a failure without the auto-reboot. I can't mass rollout this solution if I don't know when the machines will reboot. Not all users are online at the same time. I'd rather it just fail the install on these machines with no reboot and then I can come back to them later!

Some better failure message would also be useful. I'm sure there is some log on the host machine but having access to it from the console side would be much preferred.

I hope this process helps someone without having to flatten the whole machine. I think downloading the LMI AV install and manually installing could help you in this situation.

Now on to the other hundreds of machines... Wish me luck