cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ragt
Active Contributor

GoToResolve performance

I had a performance issue today, connecting to a customer machine with an attended session.

The connexion quality was poor and only had a frozen screen. I tried twice.

Then I tried to connect with GoTo Assist 4 and everything went fine and responsive.

Do GoTo Resolve need a lot more ressources than GoTo Assist ? Is there a mean to improve that ?

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: GoToResolve performance

Hi @ragt, welcome to the community.

The system requirements for GoToAssist v4 and GoTo Resolve are basically the same, I think your issue was related to the connection with your client's computer. If you are seeing this issue consistently please visit this page and click on Contact Support to open a support ticket so we can gather more information and investigate. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
SyntecRyan
Active Contributor

I don't think this is an isolated incident. As my team has also been complaining about the slowness of GoToResolve vs. your older solutions as well. Typically when GoToResolve is locking up on them they start a GoToAssist corporate session or a session with a free remote assistance service and the poor experience is resolved.

ragt
Active Contributor

I confirm that GotoResolve is slower than GotoAssist v4, but maybe the same as GotoAssist v5.

At the beginning of a session, the delay between a clic (on mouse or keyboard) and the feedback on the screen can go up to 30s. After a few minutes, it can return to normal (<1s), but never as good as GotoAssist v4

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you all. Could you please make a note of the session ID the next time you experience any performance issues and then email them to gotoservice at logmein dot com, along with the Resolve log files from your computer?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
ragt
Active Contributor

Thank Glenn ! I'll do that next time.

jaggrey
Active Contributor

I've randomly had an issue of not being able to input characters while holding the shift key. This has happened twice connecting to two different Windows PCs, using the website and the GoToResolve app on the computer.

Has anyone else had this issue? I had to resort to using the On Screen Keyboard on the remote computer in order to input an admin password, which.... isn't great.