cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

GoToMeeting Crashes when Recording

Good Afternoon,

I have a user that is having an issue with GoToMeeting crashing when trying to record the meeting.  Tested and Recorded the issue on another computer.

User hits record and seconds later GoToMeeting will crash on his end.  Inside of the meeting however it will still show the user in the Attendees list.

Checked all of the users device drivers and confirmed that they are all up to date.  Also had the user try logging into another computer to run and record the meeting; which ended up causing GoToMeeting to crash as well.

I think it might have something to do with the users account (PRO license), not sure what that could be but based on using another computer to run a meeting and have it crash during the record would make me think it is license/ account related and not hardware/ computer related.

Any thoughts/ advice on how to troubleshoot/ fix this issue?

Thanks  

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Crashes when Recording

Hi,

There are no account permission settings that would cause a GoToMeeting to crash when recording, however there could be an issue with that User Account on the local PC itself.  I would first try changing the GoTo recording location to a different local folder, making sure there is enough space available on the local HD.  And if this should fail again, try logging into the same PC as as different admin user and test recording again.

New Contributor

Ash,

Why would changing the save location for the recorded files have a difference?  I tested this users account on their PC and a new PC with the same result (GTM crash during recording).  I will try logging into the affected users PC as a new user and report back.  Again I still think this is related to the User Account, I can try giving them a different license/ deleteing the user and then adding them back onto the account to see if that has any change.

LogMeIn Contributor

OK, make sure that the affected Organizer is schedule each meeting with an integrated audio option selected. This can sometimes cause confusion with a local audio driver.