cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNC
New Contributor

Auto Record not working, and issue with Converted Recording

For the past 2 webinars we've held, the Auto Record function has not worked. We have the proper settings for it to auto record, and during the webinar it shows that it's recording as normal.

However, after the webinar, we never receive the notice that the recording has finished. When I contacted support, they directed me to convert the recording. When I did that, the recording had all kinds of issues with skipping and jumping around.

Has anyone else had experience with auto record not working? Any tips on avoiding this issue for future webinars? 

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Auto Record not working, and issue with Converted Recording

I'm sorry to hear about the recent recording behavior.  It should not have any missing gaps or quality degredation post-conversion.

Were you recording these webinars to your online account, or to a local storage space?

Are you able to reproduce the recording issue on a new broadcast now?

SNC
New Contributor

We were recording on the online account. When that recording failed, we converted the files locally. I did it once on my PC, and the 2nd time a colleague converted the file on her machine. Both files had issues with recording quality. Is it possible that if I copied one of the webinars to create the other, it carried over the issue?

We've had a couple of internal webinars since then, and those appear to be fine. 

LogMeIn Contributor

Typically when the Cloud Recording attempt fails it will be due to an interruption of some kind.  While we're responsible for part of that, the other part is your local area network connections etc.  If you're unable to reproduce the problem now, then it may have been a temporary conneciton problem at your location, and that may explain the recording quality as well.