cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Connection failed. Check internet connection and try again

After doing a check of system requirements and saying that connection was good. I got the message above that connection failed.
7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Connection failed. Check internet connection and try again

Hi Rebecca,
Sorry about that.  It is possible that one of our IP ranges is being blocked by your firewall.  Would you be able to confirm this is the case if you have any security software or network firewalls engaged?

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/help_files/G2M060010?title=Optimal+Firewall+Configurat...

New Contributor

Same thing here! Was working 2 weeks ago.

My coworker besides me, works fine! (Not the firewall)

LogMeIn Contributor

@dgagnier I'm sorry for the connection troubles you've recently encountered. 

Because this is an old, generic Community post with no confirmed environment or resolution, can you help us understand the problem by listing your affected operating system, network connection type, and other troubleshooting steps you've already taken?

New Contributor

Sorry about the old issue!

I am working with a Lenovo laptop, Win10 (x64), on a domain network, with fairly new Fortinet firewall.  

My supplier is presenting Webinars every week for 6 weeks.

2 weeks ago, my coworker (the desk just beside me) and me, attended a  webinar from our supplier and everything worked fine.

Last week, and this week, it worked for my co-worker, but not for me. I tried the same steps as before: Follow the invitation sent by the presenter than, accepted the install, it installed without error and waited to join. Sometimes it shows me that I am waiting the session to start, even if it is stated, or after 30 sec, gave me the error that the connection failed.

Tried to download and install separately, without any change. Tried to stop the task, reinstall, nothing worked.

All that time my co-worker can follow the webinar under the same conditions, aka: internet connection, firewall, environment.

Any ideas? 

LogMeIn Contributor

@dgagnier1  If you see the 'waiting for organizer' message you should be in queue to join once the broadcast begins.  In your case I would contact Customer Support should this happen again.  Some log files would need to be gathered in order to find the cause of your specific failure.

New Contributor

Tried las time, but did not reach someone, by the time the presentation was finished!

But the typical problem is that "Connection failed. Please check your internet connection."

LogMeIn Contributor

@dgagnier1 See if you can join this test session :  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/join-a-test-session-g2m050001

Also please note all web browsers and versions you see the connection errors in.