cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

GoToWebinar switched back to the old software - is that true for everyone?

I noticed a few days ago, when I logged into GoToWebinar, the old webinar layout (ie old software) came up, not the new one with the "tiles" layout.

I personally find the old layout more functional - some people may find the "tiles" layout prettier, I personally don't, but that's a matter of taste.

I would be happier if the company would use their software resources to

a. Fix any bugs in the existing software, and

b. Add features to the existing software

rather than spend the effort to reinvent the wheel.

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar switched back to the old software - is that true for everyone?

Thanks for the feedback @Kurt Sharman !

If you could specify what aspects of scheduling / managing / reporting are easier in the old interface it would greatly imrove our success with the new design.  Eventually all accounts will be set to this new look and feel.

Active Contributor

I fortunately have a screen shot of the new layout, otherwise I wouldn't be able to really comment.

But many of these things should be obvious to the development team.

Let me list just a few:

1. The new layout uses a very pale blue text for the time of upcoming webinars which makes that very difficult to read. The previous layout also used some blue text, but much darker so reading that was no problem.

2.  The new layout uses a lot of symbols and icons, most are "non-standard" so one has to go from icon to icon in the hopes of finding what one wishes to do - just a waste of time.

And since these are "non-standard" (or othedr websites use different ones for the same function, one has to go through that exercise every time again.

3. The "tile" layout in general not only looks unprofessional (I find it appropriste for a website aimed at kids), but it also takes up a lot of screen real estate unnecessarily requiring one to scroll more than necessary.

4. For some reason the listing of the upcoming events on the new dashboard is in the wrong order, it was correct in the previous software. One can probably (hopefully) change that but I'm just looking at the default in each case.

5. In the previous software, for the webinars run as a series, it showed the number of times that webinar was scheduled. That information is missing completely in the new design.

6. Even very simple things like "log-out". To me, that option should be readily available on every web page not hidden under some drop down somewhere.

7. And of course there are capabilities missing that were there before, like the recordings of webinars scheduled as a series which I brought up a month ago with no resolution to date.

In general, the User Interface of any website should be specified by the Product Management team of a company in consultation with their Marketing and Sales organization and documented in a "Product Specification".

What seems to happen with a lot of companies, not just LogMeIn.com, is that the software programmers decide on the UI as they go which then leads to a very unsatisfactory UI.

In general, I don't see any reason to redesign the website - as I said, I would rather habe problems fixed and new capabilities added than trying to make the website "pretty"

Respected Contributor

I agree with Kurt.

There are many things that could be done to make the new interface work as well or possibly better than the old interface.