cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shane Drosi
New Contributor

Is there a way to make the webcam full-screen and a power-point as a smaller window in-front of the webcam?

I am using a MacBook for the presentation. I am trying to achieve a similar set-up to a news anchor with a small square in the corner containing my powerpoint presentation laid on top of the full-screen webcam view. Thanks for your help.
13 REPLIES 13
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Is there a way to make the webcam full-screen and a power-point as a smaller window in-front of the webcam?

Hi Shane,

Are you wanting this view for yourself while presenting or your attendees?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Shane Drosi
New Contributor

Re: Is there a way to make the webcam full-screen and a power-point as a smaller window in-front of the webcam?

For the attendees (and myself, if possible)
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I do that, but it's a little tricky.

First, set up your PowerPoint by going to  Setup Slide Show.   Select the button next to "Browsed by an individual (window)."
What that does is runs the PowerPoint show in a window that can be resized rather than showing it full screen.

BEFORE you start the webinar, open Quicktime Player.  From the File menu, select "New Movie Recording. This should open a window with your webcam in it.  You have to do this BEFORE you start the webinar. If not, then GTW will take hold of the webcam and not let you use it with QuickTime.

You can now resize the two windows. 

In order to advance the slides, the PowerPoint show window has to be in front of the QuickTime window, which sounds like you want.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks Shane. By default if you are sharing your screen and your webcam through GoToWebinar, your presentation will be the larger image. Your attendees have the ability to adjust where your webcam image is displayed (top or side), and can also resize it so that the webcam window is equal to or larger than the presentation. 

In order to do what you are wanting, you would need to display your webcam on your desktop as Chris has described. Due to the way we screen share, your webcam may look a little jumpy compared to if you were sharing it directly through GoToWebinar. I would strongly advise hosting a couple of practice sessions with some colleagues first, so you can get used to the mechanics of this set up and get their feedback on how well it translates to an attendees point of view.

Shane Drosi
New Contributor

Awesome, thank you both so much for your help!
Shane Drosi
New Contributor

Hey guys, 

I have a follow up question. If I would like to play a video on my desktop and use the audio from the video as the audio for my recording, how would I go about doing that? I will not need access to my microphone while I am playing the video.

I read a post from a while back talking about an app called Soundflower, but I am having trouble finding a version that is supported on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2. 

Is there a newer app that can do the same thing?

Thanks
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Shane, unfortunately Soundflower is no longer being developed and the sights that host the last version are no very safe to download from. There are a couple of alternatives, https://staticz.com/soundsiphon/ is one of them, but I cannot vouch for any of them personally.

Now depending on the GoToWebinar Plan you have, there are two different options for sharing video in a webinar without the complicated method you read about. If you have GoToWebinar Pro or Plus, you can use this new feature: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/help_files/G2W090120?title=Share+a+Video+%28Beta%29  If you have GoToWebinar Starter, there is our older Labs feature: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/help_files/G2W040022?title=Share+a+Video+%28Labs%29

Shane Drosi
New Contributor

I would like to be able to play the video and go through a power point simultaneously in two windows on my desktop, would that be possible if I uploaded my video into lab feature? 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

The Labs feature plays the video inside your webcam window on your attendees screen, but also takes over the audio while playing. So in that case using an App like I linked to above to be a virtual mixer for your Mic and the other audio would be the way to do it. This again is something you'll definitely want to practice a couple of times first, which you should be able to do with their demo.