cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Unable To Edit Optional Text in Duplicated Webinar

I have duplicated an old webinar and updated it with new details, date, title, pictures etc.

In the reminder email which is programed to go out one hour before the commencement of the webinar there is 'optional text'. In the old webinar this had text in it however in the new webinar I would like to leave it blank. 

Everytime I delete the text and save it - the text reappears the next time I go into the webinar from the dashboard.

Support say that there is nothing they can do and that it isn't a bug in the system.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Tags (5)
7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable To Edit Optional Text in Duplicated Webinar

@acalleia  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here.  This may be the behavior when webinar templates are coppied from older GoToWebinar schedules.  Did they say the same, or offer up any other explanation?  Is the behavior the same in all web browsers?  How about if you switch from the New View to Classic View in your GoToWebinar account online?

Active Contributor

Ash, thanks for replying - was wondering if anyone might be able to add any insight into this system issue.

All that LogMeIn support would say is that I should create a new webinar instead of copying one. Which logically makes sense and I will do this in future. However two things:

- I have already 'copied' about 10 webinars - so I am not going to go back and re-create these all from scratch.

- The fact that you can change the title of the webinar easily however you are not able to save another field box with new text logically doesn't make sense. The system allows you to change the text and save it however when you go back to the Dashboard and then back into the webinar reminder email the 'old' text has been repopulated. This definitely is a bug in the system so I would think that GoToWebinar would like to 'fix' any bugs in their systems - but apparently not.

This is the most recent response I received - after continually asking why the bug wasn't going to be fixed:

Quote - As I told you several times before is you want to avoid this bug then just create a webinar from the beginning instead of copying it, it is a bug, what else would you like to know, I mean that is the reason you cannot change that information on the text on the follow up email.  - End Quote

Your suggestion to change the view to classic view unfortunately does not resolve the issue.

Any other suggestions????

LogMeIn Contributor

@acalleia  I believe we are working to improve this experience currently, but have no ETA for the release yet.

New Contributor

Yes, it is happening to me now. I can delete the text. However, when I re-enter the new webinar record, the text has returned (not permanently deleted). It has to be a bug!
LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry, @mpesare 

Have you already tried clearing your cache and/or testing through an alternate browser?

Active Contributor

It is a bug and LogMeIn have acknowledged that it is a bug - but they won't fix it for some reason.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey guys,
I'd like to help improve the online scheduling behavior, though I don't see the same thing on my PC.  Does anyone have the time to record a short video for me, with the affected webinar ID, web browser version, and OS? 

If so, please click on my name in the Community in order to send a private message with the details.

Thanks!