cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable to Locate Recording

Hi Josh,
It is unlikely that the recording manager would be able to work with a file on a network drive.  I would suggest locating that original file in order to transfer it to a local PC.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi Josh,

We save a copy of the original recording on your computer so that you can run the conversion again if you need to. The location depends on if you are using a Windows PC or a Mac:
  • On a PC the original .g2m file is saved in a folder called Original, which is located in your Documents folder. Copy the file back into your Documents folder and the Recording Manager should see it and give you the option to convert it again.
  • On a Mac the 2 files are saved in a folder called tempAV which is located in the Recordings folder. Copy the files back into the Recordings folder and the Recording Manager will see them.
I would change the Recordings location to a permanent folder on your computer and then run the conversion again.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Thank you both. The conversion had worked that way several times already when the external drive was connected so the network drive was likely not the problem. Also, isn't the Original folder created within the specified recordings folder? That's what I've always found and unfortunately I no longer have that file either.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Josh, so when you mention external and network drive you are talking about the same flash drive you mentioned in your first post? 

A folder or hard drive on the same network can work but using a local drive is recommend, especially for the initial recording. You are correct, the Original folder is created in the recording location you set in the GoToMeeting Preferences. If you change that location a new Original folder will be created. I honestly have not encountered your situation before where a removable drive was used, so I do not know what GoToMeeting would do if it was no longer accessible. I would check the GoToMeeting Preferences > Recording and see if it defaulted back to your Documents folder.

New Contributor

Glenn, sorry about any confusion. It is a bit complicated. The network drive is a shared drive that we use to make things widely available across the organization. The external drive I started referring to is the personal flash drive I mentioned initially. If no resolution is possible that's understandable. I will adjust settings to prevent this from happening again. Just know that the software may not account for this situation. Thank you for working with me on this.
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't Locate My Recorded Meeting.

Hi, I just held a meeting today 4-11-17 and reccorded it and now I cannot find it. Please help
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Recording lost.

I recorded a meeting set up where I wanted it to save and I found the recording in that folder but after conversion it was gone and I can't find it any advice you can give me would be helpful
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do i retrieve a recorded meeting.

I did a meeting this morning. Now trying to get the link to send it to my team
New Contributor

Hi! I have the same question. I recorded my three webinars and cannot find the recorded meeting. The 'My Recordings' tab doesn't show any recordings. Any advice on where to access these?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Christina, you need to have Online Recording enabled in your account settings before your recorded webinars will show up in My Recordings: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/help_files/G2W020011?title=Record+a+Session#Change

If you recorded your webinars they will be on your computer waiting to be converted, once you convert them you can upload them to your account: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/help_files/G2W040025?title=Locate+Recording+Files