Forum Discussion

jstrittmatter
Active Contributor
21 days ago

Yealink T54W with an EXP50

Situation: The EXP50 displays "Welcome Loading...Please Wait" and never does anything. I did a Google search and found that it is a firmware issue. I uploaded firmware 96.86.254.850, and the EXP50 worked briefly before the phone reverted back to the previous firmware, which I assume is a GoTo Connect setting.

I did submit a case on this exact issue, but there are no other case notes on what support did to fix it, and it is now impacting other users with the same exact setup. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and what needs to be done to resolve it?

Ken_PittTech
    Active Contributor

We had this happen as well. We have 2 PBX/locations that had working phones with the add-on.

I did the same thing as you and manually upgraded the firmware, it worked for a second then GoTo pushed the firmware back.

Strangely, if I swapped out the T54w with one I had in the shelf it came up and everything worked.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi jstrittmatter nice to see you, 

I reviewed the case notes from your call back in April.

It appears that the phone was disabled from the settings and the agent sent a .rom file to upload from Yealink. Do you still have the file? If so you can disable the affected phones from the server and update it with the .rom file. 

Let me know how it goes.