Forum Discussion

Randy_HVC1
New Contributor
5 years ago

Co-organizer (pre meeting) is grayed out

I have had a single user GoToMeeting account for a while now.  I need to have others host meetings so I bought a second license and created a new user.  Co-organizer is ENABLED in my admin settings.  However, when I create a meeting and click the MORE tab, the co-organizer feature is grayed out with a statement that "your admin has disabled this feature".  It's not disabled - even tried toggling the setting.

How can I enable this?

• Hi bure ,

I am sorry for any confusion there. 

While there is no user limit to the plan you choose, there is a feature limit to Professional GoToMeeting subscriptions that does not currently allow for Co-Organizer functionality.  

Currently only GoToMeeting Business and Enterprise plans offer Co-Organizer functionality.

wvanderspek
    New Contributor

Hello,

We are using gotomeeting professional for2 weeks now. The option in admin settings for co-organizer is enabled.

When starting a meeting the option co-organizer is disabled (grayed out). 

Can someone help me to activate this option for all our licences?

Kind regards,

Willem van der Spek

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello wvanderspek

If you currently subscribe to GoToMeeting Business tiers or higher, then you would be able to utilize the Co-Organizer feature.  I'm sorry this is not more clear online, we are working towards better customer messaging there.  If you need assistance upgrading your plan, please click on my Community name to confirm your GoTo admin login credentials. 

jacobosbak

I have the business plan and i am still not able to pre add co organizers. do I need to purchase the business liscence on both the managing account and co organizing account? please get back to me asap

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

bure  There is no limit to the number of organizers on an account, or co-organizers on a specific meeting.  In order to allow for this functionality you must currently subscribe to a 'Business' or higher tiered plan.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi bure ,

I am sorry for any confusion there. 

While there is no user limit to the plan you choose, there is a feature limit to Professional GoToMeeting subscriptions that does not currently allow for Co-Organizer functionality.  

Currently only GoToMeeting Business and Enterprise plans offer Co-Organizer functionality.

allee
    Regular Visitor

I too am having the same problem - we signed up 3 days ago - my users (including me) have the greyed out co-organizers box, but in Admin settings it's showing as enabled.

Ruth-MDSC
    New Contributor

I'm having the same issue, please can you share solution?

Randy_HVC1
      New Contributor

Sorry to tell you but, from the customer service response to me (none - including the response to DM customer service which I cannot), there is no solution.  I cancelled my account as a result.   There are better options.

• I have created a meeting , how can i add a co-orginizer , when i go to more --> co-orginizers the list is empty.

How can i add the person i want?

Thank you in advance

Randy_HVC1
    New Contributor

Also found that during the meeting I could not make another attendee the organizer (followed all the instructions) so I ended up stuck in two meetings on two computers at the same time.  Their auto-help is horrible - it only shows you how to if things are working well...right there with cable tv support.  Switching meetings over to Zoom due to lack of any customer support from gotomeeting...Sat on a phone line forever before hanging up...I know customer support is probably overwhelmed right now but these are the STANDARD features and methods for support which are broken.  I am paying for this?

jkstowers
      New Contributor
      Same problem for me. Seems like this is a widespread problem. Perhaps LogMeIn is having capacity issues.
        GlennD
        GoTo Manager

jkstowers Only a few accounts not related to capacity in any way, just the account configuration.

kcathey
    New Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  Worked last week and now it doesn't.

Can't get through to support either.  This is very frustrating.

Skip Blades
    New Contributor

Seems like a common problem based upon the boards.  Co-organizer is enabled, but the option is grayed out in "More" tab.  All users have first and last name.

Please do your magic and fix the problem.

mrcclimerick

Hi,

I am seeing this same issue.

Please assist.

Thank you,

Teresa

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Hi,

I apologize for the frustration and confusion around this subject.

• GoToMeeting Business and Enterprise Plans can add co-organizers during scheduling
        • GoToMeeting Professional Plans can promote an attendee to co-organizer once the meeting has started

• Emergency Work Kits do support co-organizers during scheduling. Co-organizers must be part of your account in order to be added.

GlennD
      GoTo Manager

Hi Skip Blades,

Please click on my profile and private message me the email addresses for the organizer and co-organizer.

CAP1

I'm having this same issue. Clearly seems to be an issue for many users. Please resolve.