Update Call Queue "Periodic announcement message" description to note it triggers after 3 callers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Update Call Queue "Periodic announcement message" description to note it triggers after 3 callers

I couldn't get the call queue "Periodic announcement message" feature to trigger when testing it, and after calling support to find out if there was a glitch or something else causing it not to trigger I was quite quickly informed that this feature only activates after 3 callers are in the queue.  Nowhere is this mentioned or noted in the documentation.

Please update the description below this feature that currently says:

"This message will be played periodically to callers waiting in the queue."

and have it read something like this:

"This message will be played periodically to callers waiting in the queue.  Note that this message will only trigger when the queue has 3 or more callers present."

Whenever a limitation on a feature or something specific is needed to be known, you should call this out in the description so Admins don't drive themselves crazy trying to get a feature to work when the parameters are not clear.

I will provide another suggestion to specifically request a field be added to control the number of callers before the period announcement message plays to give people control over this feature.  This suggestion above is simply to have the wording quickly updated so Admins are aware of the specifics of this queue feature.

Thanks for looking into this simple change!

2 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @MatthewB57, welcome to the community. We apologize for the frustration and will make sure the support documentation is updated to highlight this requirement.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Delivered

Documentation has been updated.