cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
550c
Active Contributor

Re: Can't type characters requiring the shift key on some remote sessions

Hello, the issue occurs within the GoToResolve desktop application. It occurs when I select either shift and try to type the @ symbol. It stopped for a while so I didn't come back to check this post but yesterday it started again and I was unable to log in to a system. I do see the little transparent special symbol tabs appear when selecting shift. It takes me to the devices window but it will frequently cause the program to hang for a bit and sometimes the current sessions will stop connecting. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@550c does it matter which Shift key you use like DustyD mentioned? Does it happen when you just type in Word or Notepad?  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
550c
Active Contributor

Hello Glenn,
Thanks for helping with this. It does not matter which shift key I use and it behaves normally when typing in notepad. What occurs is after pressing and holding shift and selecting the @ key, the window focus switches to the help desk section of the GoToResolve windows app, running on windows 10. This occurs when trying to connect and type in a remote connection login screen for a Windows Server 2016 system. I tried to use it today to be more accurate with my description to you. It is not consistent, sometimes I can use it without issue and other times it will respond as described above.
DustyD
Active Contributor

Sry for late reply, was travelling today. No, I only see the highlighted Ctrl Shift, etc boxes when using the left Shift key. The right one gets no response. Same behaviour in Notepad.

KindaFunny

Was there a solution to this? Why is there an onscreen keyboard? Why does it override the keystrokes, and why the hell would it be on by default. 

Do threads usually end in no solution? Not a good start to this new contract. Maybe we should look into a different vendor.

DustyD
Active Contributor

I'm not 100% sure if there was a published solution.

My issue went away after remapping the Right Shift key to function as the Left.

Still annoying me to no end is the apparent reversal of the CAPS and NumLock keys between the tech and client devices.