cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bw34
Active Contributor

Re: Hey are you still there? what are you up to?

this isn't for caller ID, it is the contact name display in "recent activity" in the phone tab. most of the numbers are associated with a contact and display the contact name in other places, like the messaging tab.  In "recent activity" it just shows the phone number, which isn't helpful. 

marshray48
Visitor

Re: Display the contact name instead of called from number

Did you get the solution or you still waiting for the team?

bw34
Active Contributor

I have not received a solution to this yet. I just checked again and it has not been corrected.  Just to be clear, here is the issue:

The "recent activity" page for calls does not consistently show the contact name in the list, it only shows the phone number. If I click on a number, then it displays the contact name at the top of the screen for the number selected, but the "recent activity" list still does not show that name. It seems silly to have to click on a number to see the contact name instead of being able to scan the list of contact names instead of phone numbers. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@bw34 thanks for the clarification. 

I checked with the team and they are aware of this issue. The current timeline for a fix is January. 

Thanks for calling this out and for your patience, it's appreciated. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
bw34
Active Contributor

Hi - it does not appear that this has been fixed. This is a serious bug that impacts productivity. This seems like such a simple issue that should be core functionality, it is hard to fathom that this doesn't work.

The ETA for this fix was January - can you provide a new ETA? 

Also, is there still no way to export an individual user's contacts? I have not tried this for a while.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @bw34 thanks for checking back. 

It's currently on target to be available in February. I do hear that this is a huge inconvenience and appreciate your patience. 

You can find instructions on how to export contacts here

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
bw34
Active Contributor

Thank you. Sorry for the confusion, I was actually looking for a way to export local contacts from my desktop app, not company contacts. I looked again briefly and didn't see any way to do that.