cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: old G2M

Agreed, the new interface stinks, and i am using 19 different accounts. When this happened before, we had a choice to move back to the old interface. Not anymore... Looks like we are moving to another program...
Active Contributor

Willing to Pay Double for the Old Version

Hello,

My viewers are so disappointed in the new version.

G2M was the best screen share product in the world, believe me I tested plenty.

I'm now looking for a new platform that would be as great and simple.

Can someone recommend me something similar to the Old Version of G2M.

Or if management is reading this...please revert me back and charge me double for the old version.

Here's another tip make the old version a stand alone product call it "The Perfect Screen Share"

May God answer my prayer.

Yours Truly

Very disappointed 😞

Active Contributor

Hi, did you find anything as good as the old version.

I too can't stand the new version.

Thank You

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I appreciate that some GoToMeeting customers are frustrated with the new UI for GoToMeeting. The new UI is one part of an overall project to update the GoToMeeting platform as a whole and move to a more modern code base. This is something that we have done before and enables us to improve and speed up our development process. This also means that we eventually we cannot roll accounts back to the previous UI as it is built on the older code.

What we can do is take your constructive feedback and apply it to the new UI. Some of you have already provided some examples of how the new UI disrupts your usual workflow, I ask that any new comments do the same.  

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

This sounds ideal, but this thread was started over a year ago and clearly none of these improvements or changes have been added.

Can you tell us how many people will need to cancel their subscription before changes are made.  I never changed over to the new version because it was completely useless for our company.  based on the recent traffic here it would appear we're going to be forced into the bad product which means we'll be canceling too.

LogMeIn Manager

@pdb11  There have been additional changes since the initial UI update and this topic being posted. Changes have been implemented based on feedback that has been received and continues to be implemented. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tags (1)
Active Contributor

Hello Glenn,

The new version is a new product  sacrificing or overlapping the old. 
The old version was a private "perfect screen share" with a presenter to do his work while the attendees watched and learned.
The new version is  simply a meeting place for all to collaborate. It destroyed the screen share...we now have useless icons hovering and less screen space.
Their emails are being exposed too. People know exactly how many attendees are in my room. I want to keep that private

They are truly 2 different products.

If you can simply give the presenter the choice to click a button and nothing else shows up but my screen like the old version then kudos to you.
But pls give me a choice....Or keep the old version as a screen share product. 
Everyone that bought  G2M in the past was for the screen share, that's being destroyed in the new version.

I'm now looking for an alternative out there...I'm sure many clients were lost.

Please give us the old version till resolved.

Franco

New Contributor

The inability to view in full screen is inexcusable... My company has been using this product for 10 years and cannot work with the latest forced release.

• 1/3 of the screen should not be wasted space, now you can barely read what is on the presenters screen, nearly unusable
  • business users have multiple monitors, we can have the controls on another screen... or at least give us the option!
  • Controls should not overlay when you are remote controlling another screen, very easy to accidentally leave the meeting since the button is where the Windows taskbar would be shown

Wasted space.jpg

Tags (2)
Active Contributor

Many people complained to me,Such a design。

20201224193204.png

New Contributor

Agreed, horrible design, we complained about it last time you tried to change it, now you say its permanent??? Well, I am taking my team of 19 accounts and leaving... I hope thousands of others will do the same until you come to your senses... You do not make the program for yourselves, you make it for the customer. You lost sight of this.