cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anon2688
New Contributor

Controlling Mac OSX

We need the ability to control a Mac OSX client workstation.  When can this be expected.  LogMeIn Rescue is a great program, but the world likes Mac too.
4 REPLIES 4
KGHalbe
Regular Contributor

RE: Controlling Mac OSX

Bear in mind that I am not an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial tie-in with them.  Please also bear in mind that I am not trying to start any arguments as to which is the better computer.  I am only presenting the information as I see it.

I thought OS X left people who owned MACS run software that was written for Windows ?  Can't you run the LMI software in this mode ?

According to IDC, more than 94 percent of the world’s desktop and notebook computers run Windows (only 3.5 percent Macs).  IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy.

Personally, I can't see many companies re-writing their code for only 3.5 percent of the computers. 

However, some companies do, so maybe I am wrong about this.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Anon2688
New Contributor

I have been told by LMI that Rescue and IT Reach would not work to control Mac systems.  I suspect that is has much to do with the added value that is provided in the ability to show processes, transfer files and other troubleshooting tools.

But I would be happy if it was possible to just create a secure remote connection to remotely control the active users desktop.

I have never tried after being told it was in developement at LMI - some of this may actually work in the current Rescue product.
Anon15395
New Contributor

I would like to just inform all of you, Gents, that our dedicated experts are working on the OS X compatibility of the LogMeIn products, Rescue also. We are hoping to launch this value-added segment as a feature latest in this autumn.

Best,
Gergely Szalkai
LMI Rescue
Product Manager
Anon2688
New Contributor

That is very good news - thank you for the update.