cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

minimum internet speed

To experienced LogMeIn users:

What is the acceptable internet speed (from the customer's end) for doing major tasks i.e remote control, file management, file transfer, reboot.

LogMein can support dial-up but not sure if this will be effective for doing major remote tasks.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

RE: minimum internet speed

If you will be the one doing the major tasks, then only YOU can decide what is acceptable and what isn't. 

I know people that still use dial-up for all internet access.  To them, it is acceptable.  To me, that is unacceptable.  We all have different expectations and satisfaction levels.

Even at my broadband (Comcast cable) speed, I eliminate the background being sent back to me, and have LogMeIN send me a lower resolution screen in an effort to be as fast as I can get it to be. 

Since they offer a FREE version, trial period of the PRO, IT REACH and RESCUE versions, just install one and give it a try.  Then you will know if it is acceptable to you or not.  That is what counts.

KGHalbe
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Highlighted
New Contributor

I did a support session with a person running Dialup via AOL, it was a little slow, but I cold at lease check out the pc and get updates done for them.
I still would love a way to alert the customer via a sound file or something to come back to their pc to reply.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You can do that.  Just play ANY sound file on their computer.  YOU won't hear the sound, but it will play on the other computer for your user.

KGHalbe
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have successfuly connected remotely to customers on dial-up, but I am only able to perform tasks that do not require downloading large software files.

It's slow but it does work.

Set the video quality to B&W.

Good luck!