cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randomusername
Active Contributor

GoToAssist support key redirect changed. User has to enter key twice

Our customers used to be able to enter a support key on www.hairtools.dk/k and when clicking "connect" they would be presented with the GoToAssist helper download and would afterwards connect to the support session.

Since a few days ago, when our customers enter any value in the support key field on the page I linked they are redirected to the front page of fastsupport.com and will have to enter the support key again. What was changed to break this functionality?

We don't want to redirect users to fastsupport.com (Too much distracting info, our customers are not native in english)  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToAssist support key redirect changed. User has to enter key twice

@randomusername @Eshgro  We have made some adjustments to the connection flow.  If you see any improvements could you let us know?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Eshgro
Active Contributor

We have exactly the same problem. We customized our support portal, we embedded the "Connect" box using an iframe on our website. This worked perfectly. But since yesterday when customers enter the Support Key they get redirected to https://www.fastsupport.com/ instead of an Support Session being started. This is confusing because this is not what our customers expect (also not native English) and they have to enter the Support Key again.

randomusername
Active Contributor

Looking at it further it might be because of the update yesterday (https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToAssist-Remote-Support-News/Admin-Center-v4-35-0-Web-Release-Not...)

"

• Admins can now go to the "Organization" pane in Admin Settings to access the Organization Center, where they can create and manage organizations for setting up the Active Directory Connector v2 (automated provisioning) and/or enabling Enterprise Sign-In (SSO) for users.  "

Its wierdly worded, but I assume SSO stands for Single Sign On. I don't hope this is the case as changing the flow unannounced for end users is going to have a big impact, as it just did for us. In any case, i'd like someone from gotoassist to confirm whether this change is intentional or not.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

Yesterday we made two small changes to fastsupport.com that are part of our ongoing efforts to discourage the abuse of our service by tech support scammers. One of the methods scammers use to trick people into giving them access to their computers is to add a legitimate businesses name to the fastsupport.com URL e.g https://fastsupport.com/Apple  to reinforce the lie that they were who they said they were.  

If I recall correctly, we allowed this originally as a way for customers to personalize the fastsupport.com URL, but now that it is being abused we have changed this so that it automatically redirects back to the official fastsupport.com page which displays the warning and Report Abuse link.

Unfortunately, this change is also affecting those of you who have embedded fastsupport.com in your own websites, for that I apologize. The team has been made aware and are working on correcting this currently. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
randomusername
Active Contributor

Thanks for the communication Glenn.

While we wait, does fastsupport have a page for establishing connection without a name field? The name field steals a couple of seconds every time we need to connect to a customer. They keep asking about the name field, and while it might not seem like a big issue it gets really old after a while having to adress that field every time.

Edit:

I also have to adress the "Support key" field on the page. Apparently as the field inputs the hyphens for you automatically, it's possible to place the cursor all the way to the right of the hyphens when you click the field, thus making it impossible to enter anything into the field. Seeing as remote control is usually used to help computer illiterate people, this is becoming a great deal of frustration among support personnel in my company at the moment...

Untitled.png

randomusername
Active Contributor

Any update on this? The forced hyphens are driving us crazy...

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@randomusername @Eshgro  We have made some adjustments to the connection flow.  If you see any improvements could you let us know?

Eshgro
Active Contributor

@AshC for us it works perfectly again.

When a correct Support Key is entered a Support Session is started immediately. When an incorrect Support Key is entered the user gets redirected to https://www.fastsupport.com/ but this is no problem.

For us the issue is resolved. Thanks for your support.

randomusername
Active Contributor

Sorry for the late response, I couldn't remember my credentials on here.

The issue is, Eshgro said, resolved. Everything works like it used to. Thank you for the quick response and customer service.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@randomusername @Eshgro  Thanks for the confirmation!