cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Changing Gateway Server

Looking to upgrade my gateway server.  Is there a way to move 32 clients to the new server and not have to touch and re-add every machine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BH2
Active Contributor

Re: Changing Gateway Server

Yes, you can do that.  It is really easy.  Join the to-be gateway server to your existing setup.  Then, from the Hamachi webpage, edit the VPN Gateway and then click Add/Remove Members.  In this screen you can turn off the old gateway (set it back to a client) and specify the new gateway.  Click save after you're done and it will switch the gateway to the new client.

If you have any extra settings specified on your current gateway, you will want to note them so that you can add them to the new gateway.

Kind Regards,

Brett

3 REPLIES
BH2
Active Contributor

Yes, you can do that.  It is really easy.  Join the to-be gateway server to your existing setup.  Then, from the Hamachi webpage, edit the VPN Gateway and then click Add/Remove Members.  In this screen you can turn off the old gateway (set it back to a client) and specify the new gateway.  Click save after you're done and it will switch the gateway to the new client.

If you have any extra settings specified on your current gateway, you will want to note them so that you can add them to the new gateway.

Kind Regards,

Brett

New Contributor

Super Easy!  Thanks, I knew I would have to do it sooner or later.  When I did, it was simple!

Thanks

New Contributor

Changing Gateway Server