cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Windows Server 2008 R2 - driver signature problem, can't install

Hello. I can't install hamachi on windows server 2008 R2. I tried this on both a physical machine which has been running for a long time, and a virtual machine running on virtualbox, installed from scratch. Even two different licenses and installation images. The error is always the same. The installation runs succesfully, and I can even see the interface, but the hamachi network interface is not listed. In device management, the device appears with a warning, which says the driver is not signed. I tried this:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

and uninstalling and reinstalling, but I always get the same problem.

I tried googling this forum and other places, but I can't seem to find anything. My company bought a paid subscription to hamachi and it's very important for us to make it work on our 2008 installation.

Thanks

8 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 - driver signature problem, can't install

See this post

/t5/Hamachi/Hamachi-driver-problems/m-p/133563#M14034

"If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

"At this point in time, the Internet should be regarded as an Enemy Weapons System!"
New Contributor

Ports are open now, I even tried disabling windows firewall; not mentioning the router: I have several machines in the same network running hamachi and a Windows Server 2003 virtual machine which I installed for test purposes on the SAME host ... I don't see how this could be related when driver fails to load. 

Regular Contributor

"Not Signed" or "Not Digitally Signed"

"At this point in time, the Internet should be regarded as an Enemy Weapons System!"
New Contributor

This is what I see when opening the properties windows for Hamachi Network Interface (which only appears in devmgmt.msc but not in the network interfaces):

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52

Regular Contributor

Two options:

1. Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then Right clicking Command Prompt and select
    "Run as Administrator".

2. On the Command Prompt type in the command “Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON” without the quotes.

This will disable the Digital Signature.

OR

Click start, and type gpedit.msc

ENABLE the option for code signed drivers at:

User Config/Admin Templ./System/Driver installation

then set the drop box to "Ignore"

New Contributor

Finally. Editing the gpedit property, then uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling worked. Thanks!

New Contributor

But then it started all over again at first reboot. I already tried:

1) The other option, that is, bcdedit

2) toggling the property in gpedit back to disabled, then re enabling it, all this with reboots in the middle, and uninstalling and reinstalling hamachi

Funny things is, the setup now installs 2 hamachi network interfaces, both with the digital signature error.

Again, consider the system is fresh. There's nothing installed on it except for hamachi

Regular Contributor

Can you look at each of those adaptors and check which driver it is using? There is a possibility it is installing with the wrong one.

Driver details is available in device manager.