Just a quick heads-up...it looks like a new W10 build is coming our way shortly...
FYI -- I installed the new W10 build (10122) and had no problems restoring Hamachi and my proxy.
Here's the steps I took:
* Once Windows rebooted, I uninstalled Hamachi and rebooted.
* Because I already had the Driver Info file from Hamachi version 258, I went straight to installing Hamachi version 319.
* When the install process got to the point where it was attempting to install the Hamachi drivers, I right-clicked on the hamdrv.inf file I already had on my Windows desktop.
* A pop-up message appeared to inform me that the driver install was successful. I waited for the running Hamachi install to complete and then checked to see that the Hamachi drivers were available by going to Network -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings (if you see the Hamachi Network and the driver icon without a red X, you're good to go).
I hope you Hamachi recovery goes as smoothly as mine did (and for future recovery from future W10 builds).
Minor omission in my instructions above.
* When the install process got to the point where it was attempting to install the Hamachi drivers, I right-clicked on the hamdrv.inf file I already had on my Windows desktop and selected Install from the pop-up context menu.
Apologies for any confusion or misdirection...
Hamachi is working fo rme again on 10122 after it did not work on the previous build.
That's what I've been hearing.
However, I'm on the fast ring and I still haven't been prompted to update. Am I doing something wrong?
I struggled for a little while getting Hamachi running on Windows 10 Build 10122.
The PCs were on a domain and would not install Hamachi at all crashing with an error message right after the UAC. I was able to get it running by using the Administrator account to install.
In addition, when I updated my Surface Pro to 10122, I did not have to reboot when I reinstalled Hamachi.
Anybody else experience this?
Ignore my last post.
Found another method that does not require rebooting. I used this on a really stubborn installation when the Hamachi Network adapter did not appear.
Try these steps:
I did not reboot at any time doing this. I've now done it twice.
Try it and let me know what your results are.
Why would you be running your office on an unreleased preview operating system? Whoever your IT guy is, fire him. You should never run an office on testing software. Go back to Win7 or 8.1 (with addins to get rid of the annoyances).
I'd have to fire myself. Besides, it is MY computer at the office, nobody elses and it is MY computer at home, in MY office.
This is not a topic for this thread, so leave it be.
This seems to work for me, but in the list of network adapters, Hamachi's says "Unidentified Network".
When I join a network, I can't connect to any other computers due to a "Network Adapter Error".
These computers appear to be off to Hamachi even though I know they are on.
Any other ideas?