cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

CTRL+ALT+DEL button not working

Hi, I've searched this forum for a few minutes but can't find a solution.   Certain PCs I log in to require CTRL+ALT+DELETE to log in.  The button on my rescue console does nothing.   Help...

Logging in to these machines when they are active is no problem by the way.

20 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor sv5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: CTRL+ALT+DEL button not working

Hello MarvinTPA!

Thank you for your question. The given button should work. Can you share your TC version number and the  OS on the applet side? And the applet version number would be required too.

As a workaround you could try to press the CTRL+ALT+INS or CTRL+ALT+DEL buttons in your keyboard during the remote control.

Regards,

Sandor

Active Contributor

Hi, my TC is version 7.12.3306    The remote unattended app is 7.11.414.2080  The version of Windows is 64 bit 7 pro service pack 1

I tried all combinations of CTRL+ALT+ INS, ESC etc, all to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

LogMeIn Contributor sv5
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello again!

Thank you for providing the details so quickly.
Actually our Live applet version is 7.11.414.2086. I suppose it was just a typo of yours. I couldn't reproduce the issue on my test environment.

Did you use Desktop Viewing or Remote Control?

Is your applet is predeployed Unattended Applet? If so do you have to enter the local admin's credentials to start the session or it was set during the applet's deployement?
Because if you use Unattended Applet, than you don't have to see the logon screen on the end user side.

Just try to enter the user name with the workgroup or domain prefixes too.
Alternative thoughts Could you just reinstall the Unattended applet? That version number shouldn't be available recently.
And a last idea, could you update your TC from the Beta site and reinstall the app from it? Just login to Beta.logmeinrescue.com with your current Rescue login.

Regards,

Sandor

Active Contributor

Hi, I was trying to use remote control, I type the users credentials in when connecting. 

Logging on using unattended to the same machine this morning when it's being used was no problem, straight to the dekstop by the way.

So, to 'reinstall the unattanded applet' do I revoke unattended access the re-establish it ?

LogMeIn Contributor sv5
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello!

Yes, exactly.  Just revoke it and redeploy it from a normal Rescue Applet.
If you type the user's credentials when connecting, than you shouldn't see the login screen. The UA has to login with the given credentials straight to the desktop.

Regards,

Sandor

Active Contributor

Hi, sorry about the delay in replying.

I've revoked and redeployed unattended access and that has made no difference.   The PC is accessible using unattended access when it's actively being used, but if it's on the 'CTRL+ALT+DELETE' screen the button does nothing.

I'd like to say that it's not highlighted but it appears in grey just like normal.  On other sessions I can click it and it send CTRL+ALT+DEL just fine.

LogMeIn Contributor sv5
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello again!

Could you revoke and redeploy it from our Beta site please?
If it does not help you, than I would like to ask you to contact us.

https://www.logmein.com/support/contact-us

Active Contributor

Hi, I've downloaded the technician console from the beta site and an now awaiting the opportunity to redepoly the unattended access on the customers PC.

I'm in a catch 22 situation where I'm unable to actually log in unattended to do any of this without the customer being present.

I will let you know as soon as I've redeployed from this beta version.

Active Contributor

Hi, it's been a little while.  CTRL+ALT+DEL still does not work when trying to log in.  The button is enabled.