cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Help preventing automatic logoff in unattended mode

I have several servers configured for unattended access and am having difficulty with LMI logging out of windows instead of just locking the console when disconnecting. Has anyone found a way to stop this behavior, or a workaround?
10 REPLIES 10
New Contributor

Re: Help preventing automatic logoff in unattended mode

I'm having the same issue.  Very annoying.  Especially when I am trying to diagnose a problem with a very long running process.  

I assume there is a setting that prevents this, but haven't found it yet.

New Contributor

Same issue here.  Having major issues with this logging off.  I do not want the rescue software doing anything automatically, that's my job.

Please resolve ASAP.

Thanks

Boyd

New Contributor

Nearly two years later and this problem still persists.

I was transfering a 200GB VM over the weekend only to have the session terminated and logged off!

My week is now fscked! I'm going to scream now and go home.

New Contributor

This happens with us on servers with unattended access! Very frustrating & lots of angry clients

New Contributor

I would like to add my voice to this issue.  Please add an option that allows a LMIRescue technician to end an unattended session WITHOUT logoff.  I find myself using LMIFree to manage servers that require a user to be logged on for certain critical processes to run correctly.  I would much prefer to use the full-feature set of LMI Rescue.

By the way, I am very impressed with LMI Rescue.  It is a very effective tool for my small business IT company.  Just need this one flaw fixed. Perhaps replace it with an automatic lock if this is a security issue.

Thank you

New Contributor

I'm not sure why this issue hasn't been resolved it.  It can't be that hard of a feature to add and is the most annoying thing about LMI rescue.

New Contributor

It's now almost 2016 and this is still an issue. Just got off the phone with support and was told that this was done by design and that there is will likely be no effort made to fix it.

Other than to make the product crappy I can't see why anyone in their right mind would design such a feature.

LogMeIn Contributor sv5
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello!

It is by design because the average case is when the technician logged on to a locked customer account and finished his job, he should not leave the account logged in. The user don't have to be there, because it was unattended support session.

New Contributor

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of! For professional remote access software to not be configurable by the purchaser of the software is ridiculus.   I will look into your competitors and quit this service as soon as I find one without such stupid policies. 

If you want to keep my business, let me configure the software I am paying you for.