cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Terms of Use (Disclaimer)

Hi All
First of all let me say i think this product is great and that it is a market place leader.

I have been using LMI products for over a year now for my personal PC needs and those of relatives.
I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get my company to use LMI RescueMe to provide support for our website and have given demos to several key descison makers (and they are more than impressed) BUT....
everytime it comes back to the "so your going to connect to a customers PC" "what if it breaks?, what about liability?" my answer is always "we could have a disclaimer"
but generally they dont want to open a can of worms so the idea goes by the wayside.

So my question is this is there anyone out there already using LMI RescueMe that might have something like this already that i can take and say this is what other people use.

Thanks in advance.

BI
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

RE: Terms of Use (Disclaimer)

I wonder how many companies would be where they are today, had they not opened a can of worms in the first place ? 

I only use the FREE version for friends and family, so I can't be of much help to you as I don't have any disclaimer.  However, I have been on the receiving end of disclaimers, and don't think twice about them, as long as I trust the person performing the service, function, or whatever. 

I would not call in 'an expert' if I knew what I was doing.  I feel that the expert knows more than I do, and I am willing to take the risks of the disclaimer.  Now, if they do something really stupid, then they should take responsibility despite the disclaimer.  (I had a computer repair shop ruin a harddrive because the technician forced the data plug into it upside down despite the fact that there was an alignment key - they paid for that).

Doctors 'open a can of worms' with just about every patient they see.  Mechanics, repair people, many service people - even stores take risks by inviting the customers into the store.

Although I can't help you, I am on your side !

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Highlighted
New Contributor

RE: Terms of Use (Disclaimer)

Everytime a member of my team starts a chat session, we use the following predefined reply:

Please Note:  This session may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance.

We've used LogMeIn Rescue since the beta days and have never had to answer questions about liability.  Over 25% of my company's case load is initiated by the customer through the chat queue.  Over 75% of our case load involves some sort of remote control of 1 or more computers in the given customer's office.

Hope this helps!

-- Tim
Timothy Perry
Director of Customer Service
ShowingTime
E-Mail: tperry@showingtime.com
Web Page: http://www.ShowingTime.com