THIS IS NOT WORKING. THIS LOGMEIN RESCUE APPLET IS A REALLLLLLLL NIGHTMARE AND IT IS SCREWING UP SOME OF THE FUNCTION OF MY WINDOW 10 LIKE POWER SLEEP. i CALLED THE COMPANY THE GIRL DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. i READ ABOUT HOW TO DELETE THE SERVICE NUMBER ON CMD AS ADMINISTRATOR ... IT SAYS THE SPECIFIED SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST AS AN INSTALLED SERVICE. i THOUGHT IT DID THE FIRST TIME BECAUSE IT DISAPPEARED FROM MY DESKTOP BUT THEN WHEN i RESTARTED THE COMPUTER IT POPPED BACK AGAIN. THE PROGRAM WAS DELETED IN ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAM SO THERE IS NOTHING TO UNINSTALL. I KEEP DELETING THE FILE IN TASK MANAGER BUT IT KEEPS POPPING BACK. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? THIS HAPPENED WHEN MICROSOFT TECH SUPPORT FROM INDIA LOGGED INTO MY COMPUTER. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT ONCE FOR ALL. PLEASE ANYONE.
I just saw this on one of my "senior clients".... scammer got into her machine, it did NOT show in installed programs, nor did it show up in the startup items in task manager, and "killing it" just kept bringing it back. Could not delete folder, couldn't rename it. I finally got to msconfig, told it to boot with out anything else but basic boot, rebooted. Found the folder under program files (x86) and deleted the logmein named folder. Rebooted, now it was gone. Fixed boot back to normal. Still good.
Probably could have rebooted in safe mode (start, restart with shift held down)
These are evil evil pretend microsoft support.
Nothing was suspicious in the history of either of the browsers. Couldn't see any suspicious emails. But it looked like built in MAIL got setup, search was showing "mail". And somehow trying to get into MAIL she got sent to a scam "help" site instead of real one. She was really using yahoo mail on browser, don't know how this happened, but that's the best I can figure, she got confused and forgot how to get into mail and was led down a garden path to the scammer who popped up a huge "CALL MICROSOFT" page she couldn't get closed.
Bottom line, it was not in programs to uninstall, had to reboot without normal boot.
My company has been experiencing this as well. The service won't end and remove itself on the user's computer after support has disconnected. The service keeps running even after a restart and it can't be killed through task manager.
This behavior can be seen if a technician ends a LogMeIn Rescue session while disconnected from their client (either during the process of a reboot or because of connectivity problems).
To immediately fix the problem:
I just received a notice from a remote client that he has about 100 instances of the same thing in All Programs.