Welcome to the Hamachi Community!
New Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Hamachi drivers not installing

Hello, i am new to this forum, but faced with the same problem, i followed IBTEC's instructions too and it worked like a charm, but then i read your post and got curious, by reset you mean a restart, click on power and then restart or a reset like when windows restarts the machine? 

Thanks in advance for your help

Valued Contributor

I think the problem arises when we get new Windows 10 builds, which, of course, have been become quite frequent in the past month.

Contributor

VideoSavant wrote:

I think the problem arises when we get new Windows 10 builds, which, of course, have been become quite frequent in the past month.

It certainly seems that way. Every Windows 10 update makes Hamachi cease to function, but that's fixed just by reinstalling. 10074 is the only one where the drivers refuse to install.

Valued Contributor

New Behavior?

I've returned from my travels and sitting down at my work computer. Attempted to install Hamachi on Windows 10 Build 10074. Immediately upon the installation beginning with the Status progress bar, I receive a message from Hamachi Setup "The system cannot open the device or file specified."

Retry button produces no change and the Cancel button produces another Hamachi message "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error cod is 2755."

I've fully uninstalled Hamachi, but haven't cleaned the registry yet. I also tried creating a folder c:/Program Filess (x86)/Logmein Hamachi with various permissions.

Hamachi is working on my Surface Pro running 10074, but I haven't gotten it running on my desktop PC. I might try uninstalling a couple of updates, but that doesn't usually end well.

Any ideas?

Valued Contributor

New Behavior solved.

Here's one for you. Both my home and work system are running off SSD's so I put my Desktop on another drive (saves a lot of room on the SSD C:/ drive).

Was trying to install Hamachi off my Desktop. This was failing as explained in my previous post. Moved the Hamachi.msi file to the C:\ drive and ran it from there. Bingo. Installed perfectly from there. Also, I thought I waited too long to install the hamdrv.inf. Not sure if I actually got it running before the installation completed or if it ran afterward, but Hamachi is running perfectly.

I then remote connected to my home PC. Was running Hamachi 319 there with errors. Installed 328 on top of 319 and did not have to install hamdrv.inf. Now running perfectly.

Though having to reinstall after each Windows 10 build is annoying, is this getting easier?

New Contributor

New Contributor

This methods didnt work for me.
build 10074
any ideas?

Contributor

I've given up on the current build. None of the tricks here work for me.

Valued Contributor

It has worked for others here, so not sure what to tell you. The only point I would make is that whenever you uninstall or install Hamachi, that you reboot before going on to the next step. 

Also, I assume that you have disabled automatic Hamachi updates, but if not, that could be your problem.

Sorry I can't be more help. I'm almost dreading the next W10 build, because this is getting to be such a frigging hassle and there seem to be so many variables in play. 

This really ought to be on Microsoft's radar, because it is ultimately a failure on their part in how it is managing the installation process. I don't have much hope for MS fixing this, though, because the root of this issue has been present since the early previews of Windows 8.

FWIW, I have provided Microsoft feedback about this through the Windows 10 feedback process. But it wouldn't be a bad idea for more people to do the same.

New Contributor

HELLO

I use win 10 : 10074
I tried all the solution such as IBTEC's
but nothing works on my pc

Is there else solution idea?

thank you

Ps: sorry for bad English