Welcome to the Hamachi Community!
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

beaglebone black BBB hamachi install fail "No such file or directory" armhf FIX

I'm posting this here to help save some time for any of you trying to install hamachi on a beaglebone black running debian. I don't know if it's an issue on angsrtom.

If you install hamachi via the deb package.(as of today Feb 3-2017)

(https://www.vpn.net/linux) to check for current version

wget https://www.vpn.net/installers/logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.174-1_armhf.deb

(they say the lsb packages are no longer required)

sudo dpkg ­­-force--­architecture ­­-force--­depends -­i logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.174-1_armhf.deb

You get a dpkg error at the end of the install 

/etc/init.d/logmein-hamachi: 46: /etc/init.d/logmein-hamachi: /opt/logmein-hamachi/bin/hamachid: not found

and if you attempt => hamachi login you get 

-bash: /usr/bin/hamachi: No such file or directory

or any other hamachi command

The symbolic link /usr/bin/hamachi exists and so does it's target /opt/logmein-hamachi/bin/hamachid but a call to either will result in "No such file of directory"

The problem has been solved by a few smart people on the net as usual but it took me forever to hunt around for it so I will outline the fix and provide the source links below.  

I uninstalled Hamachi first (this may or maynot be nessesary but i like to start from scratch)

sudo dpkg -r logmein-hamachi
sudo dpkg -P logmein-hamachi

Now to fix the problem which is the executable is looking for the library

ld-linux.so.3

but the armhf version is (at least on my BBB)

ld-linux-armhf.so.3

Making a symbolic link seems work around the problem

sudo ln -s /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /lib/ld-linux.so.3

(thankyou ShiroiKuma)

For whatever reason linux gives you the "No such file or directory".  The guys who complie the binaries at logmein would have to make a version that looks for the right file or both depending on the linux distro. Or so I assume.

Reinstall Hamachi

(example assumes you're in the deb package directory -  file names to change as new builds come out)

sudo dpkg ­­-force--­architecture ­­-force--­depends -­i logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.174-1_armhf.deb

now rest works

sudo hamachi login
sudo hamachi set-nick "my_nick"
sudo hamachi attach myLogMeInAccout@email.whatever

login to Logmein.com, approve the request and add the client to your favorite network. 

set it up as a service if you need it running at boot which works with linux

sudo update­-rc.d logmein­-hamachi defaults
see the file /opt/logmein-hamachi/README  for all the hamachi commands

See here for a slighly outdated tutorial on the raspberry pi's (notice LSB in not needed and links are www.vpn.net now).

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: beaglebone black BBB hamachi install fail "No such file or directory" armhf FIX

Thanks for the post Jeff