cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Human engineering help....?

The rescue connection process -- as it is descibed by LogMeIn -- sounds very simple and fast.  In reality, I find this to be the exception rather than the norm.

Most of the customers I work with are low on computer literacy.  I often have difficulty walking them through the connection process.  This is because their systems often have a number of minor variations that make the "normal" steps process differently.  Also, different security applications and their configurations can cause unexpected results, or block access altogether.

I am not doing a lot of work on LogMeIn Rescue, but it's on the increase.  I can tell that there are "patterns" of typical difficulties dealing with the above types of problems, but I don't have enough experience to to always get the connection going as quickly as possible.  Sometimes it gets very frustrating for me AND the customer.

I would like to create a flow-chart with suggested questions and/or dialogues that would help with guiding low-tech users through the connection process, including fast ways to identify and solve the typical "traps" that we are likely to run into.  Any one interested in helping?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
New Contributor

RE: Human engineering help....?

ORIGINAL: ronin7752

The rescue connection process -- as it is descibed by LogMeIn -- sounds very simple and fast.  In reality, I find this to be the exception rather than the norm.

Most of the customers I work with are low on computer literacy.  I often have difficulty walking them through the connection process.  This is because their systems often have a number of minor variations that make the "normal" steps process differently.  Also, different security applications and their configurations can cause unexpected results, or block access altogether.

I am not doing a lot of work on LogMeIn Rescue, but it's on the increase.  I can tell that there are "patterns" of typical difficulties dealing with the above types of problems, but I don't have enough experience to to always get the connection going as quickly as possible.  Sometimes it gets very frustrating for me AND the customer.

I would like to create a flow-chart with suggested questions and/or dialogues that would help with guiding low-tech users through the connection process, including fast ways to identify and solve the typical "traps" that we are likely to run into.  Any one interested in helping?

• Create a web page
  • Copy the custom web page code from your channel
  • Under the Settings tab - Customer Applet - Check mark Display Customer Applet Web Page
    Example Here
    http://www.bostonenterprise.com/help.html

This works well for me.

Hope this helps!

Mr Boston - Boston Enterprise.com

• Hope this helps!

Mr Boston - Boston Enterprise
    503-756-9038
    http://www.bostonenterprise.com