New Contributor

Linux

Any plans for Linux support?
27 REPLIES 27
Anon95810
New Contributor

LMI Rescue for Linux

Hi all,

Can Any one help me if i can use logmeinrescue for linux boxes or can i login into an rescue account in a linux browser to control windows machines.
KGHalbe
Regular Contributor

RE: Linux

Do a search for Linux in the forums and you will definitely find an answer.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Andy Harvey
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

This is a Feature Suggestions board. You can suggest Linux support here if you want...

https://secure.logmein.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=14563

Are you specifically asking for LogMeIn Rescue Linux support?
Marauder
New Contributor

Yes, I am asking for Linux support.

Primarily what I am looking for in the short term is support for the Tech Console on Linux (and/or MacOSX).

I have gotten the LogMeIn Rescue Technicnian Console running through wine but the logs are unreadable (font issues?).

The LogMeIn Free/Pro/IT Reach Java client runs on Linux.

Linux support for the end user/client at some point would be nice as well, but there have already been plenty of requests for that elsewhere as has been pointed out... 🐵
Ken - Essex Gro
New Contributor

Linux

Are there plans to develop Linux capabilities? 
noklu
New Contributor

Re: RE: Linux

I downloaded the linux plugin and have been using it on my Asus eee pc.  It is VERY smooth.  I have had no problems at all.  The eee is running Mandriva 2009 and I am able to access my windows computers at work.  My only complaint is I would love to see a hotkey for switching between dual monitors. I have posted this elsewhere on the forum.
joeguyman
New Contributor

Support for technician console in Linux

I'm sure that you can't speak to it, but just to throw it out there is there anyone else that would like to be able to have the ability to use a linux os to run the technicians console?

I support windows pc's but use linux as my os. Currently when I need to administer incoming support sessions I have to run a vm of windows and then administer through there. It's doable (I've been doing it for over a year), but being able to run the console natively we would be so much more convienent.

This would entail having a extension for firefox, or chrome. That supports a linux host system.

Maybe this will come along after/if they do this for the mac people, but I would guess (and it's just a guess) that more technicians use linux then macs.

Unfortunately I'm not a programer, so I don't know what's involved with writing in that compatibility.

Andy Suarez

Anon96963
New Contributor

Re: Support for technician console in Linux

i agree with you and i use logmeinrescue as you said (in vm).

I would like a linux based solution!!!

Anon51436
Active Contributor

Re: LMI Rescue for Linux

yes I am a technician working on windows machines with LMI rescue and would love to use it on Ubuntu OS (Linux)

I use VMware player in unity mode but this is slower.

A vote from me for LMI Rescue for linux / ubuntu.

Cheers

JOSH (MILNETECH)