cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCCLLC
Active Contributor

Zonealarm problems?

I found out that to be able to remotely control Zonealarm or other firewalls you have to get the client in person to set up a feature in the firewall. But what if I am doing some maintenance on an unattended machine and I install Zonealarm on this computer, is there a script or somthing i can run to be able to control that firewall without having the client do anything?
TYIA
1 REPLY 1
KGHalbe
Regular Contributor

RE: Zonealarm problems?

To the best of my knowledge, that feature must be set from the computer directly.  However, if you could write some sort of script that could run directly from that machine, it may work.

I have run into this problem in the past.  I have learned to install Zone Alarm as the very last thing I want to do on the machine.  Prior to that, I write a short note (using notepad) which stays on the screen for them to see the next morning.  It just states what they have to do to make that one setting.  If they have problems, I ask them to call me, and I log on while they are on the phone.  This way, I can show them, and tell them, what to do.

It is for the safety of the machine and its data, that this setting cannot be set remotely.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)