cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristind
New Contributor

Call Issues

We have experienced issues with the desktop app and the online version. We switched to GoTo for its softphone capabilities but we seem to have to log out and back in to get it to work every single day. This is especially disruptive for our call center. Sometimes calls will be completely dropped, part of the favorites will white out as if you've scrolled down and will not reappear, and contacts will be blank even though our organization contacts as well as additional contacts we've saved should be there. We also have our hold, transfer, park, and add a call buttons disappear which is especially frustrating when we have a client stuck on hold or we can't transfer them to the case handler. We have been having to either hang up on the person who we're on the phone with and call them back after we log out and log back in or try to flip the call on our cells to finish the call/transfer, etc.. And we hope they hear us on the cell app because even when we have good reception people have a hard time hearing us on it. Even if they didn't have to struggle to hear us this is crazy that we have to even do that. We've called support and they say they can't help us if they don't see it or they have us reboot which temporarily fixes it and then they think the problem is solved. It's not solved because this is a reoccurring issue with all employees every day and it's a MAJOR issue with our call center who are taking calls all day. This is something that impacts our business in a major way. Support suggested I reiterate the issue here so you guys could fix it. Please fix this ASAP.

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Call Issues

Hi @kristind, welcome to the community.

I apologize for the current frustration.  I see that you have already been in contact with our support team and they have contacted our developers. I will keep an eye on the progress.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
LauraSt
New Contributor

We too are having issues with the desktop app both web or downloaded version.   It constantly freezes up or we have to reload and yes having to open each day is an issue.  We too just got on this product specfically for the app and it doesn't function as sold.   I am hoping they can resolve this issue ASAP.   We have many users and my Que for our Main Operator calls is a major issue with the freezing up in the app.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi @LauraSt

I'm sorry, this issue may require some investigation regarding the app behavior.

Are you able to give us a call when you have a few minutes to gather some log files from an affected device?  

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pvanallman
New Contributor

I am glad I found this message board! We are also having the same issues with the Windows 10 desktop app and the browser app version.   We have 50 agents in our call center and they have to juggle between the desktop app and the web app in order to function long enough to answer customer calls. What happens to us is the app freezes  or the display gets corrupted so the agents don't have a button to click on. I have opened a few tickets with GoTo support but so far the things we tried haven't helped. Here are a few of the things we have tried: 1. un-install and re-install the latest Windows 10 GoTo Connect app. 2. Click the close and clear cache under the Help menu option. 3. Switch between running the Windows 10 app or browser app. 4. Do all updates to the laptops and docking stations both Windows 10 and firmware. I am hoping someone in this community has solved this and can let us know what they did to fix this issue.