cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

GotoMeeting apps not working

Hi

2 sessions I have had today - both joined on google chromeand spookily on both occasions, when I handed over presenter rights and asked for mouse control at the same time (ticked allow mouse control request), in neither session did it automatically install the sofware as it normally does to have full control. Is this an issue just today please?.. or are we doing something wrong?

In order to have full control of the keyboard (neither could on google chrome), I asked them to install as it did not install automatically like it normally does.

The second session today delegate installed via a link on the confirmation but it installed gototmeeting. It was very confusing and we gave up.  Is this correct please.

He was using windows 10 for the first time and tried to install as an app aswell but could not find gototraining.. Please advise.

Many thanks.

Eileen

https://support.logmeininc.com/gototraining/help/download-now-g2t010002

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Active Contributor

Re: GotoMeeting apps not working

I Just did a test on spare laptop and think I have answered my own question.

I found that if they click the puprle daisy wheel at the top of the google chrome GTT control panel this asks them to install? I cant remember the exact message now and that unhides the message which allows mouse control.

Hopefully that shoud be the answer. Is that correct for all future ones who experience this.

@EMurphyInfTrg wrote:

Hi

2 sessions I have had today - both joined on google chromeand spookily on both occasions, when I handed over presenter rights and asked for mouse control at the same time (ticked allow mouse control request), in neither session did it automatically install the sofware as it normally does to have full control. Is this an issue just today please?.. or are we doing something wrong?

In order to have full control of the keyboard (neither could on google chrome), I asked them to install as it did not install automatically like it normally does.

The second session today delegate installed via a link on the confirmation but it installed gototmeeting. It was very confusing and we gave up.  Is this correct please.

He was using windows 10 for the first time and tried to install as an app aswell but could not find gototraining.. Please advise.

Many thanks.

Eileen

https://support.logmeininc.com/gototraining/help/download-now-g2t010002

Many thanks

Eileen

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GotoMeeting apps not working

Hi Eileen,

When Attendees join broadcasts via their web browser, they will have to upgrade to the software (GoToMeeting is the catch-all download title) in order to do things like present and take mouse control.  This is standard procedure, and does require some administrative rights on the end computer.