cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Important changes to GoTo Training on May 25, 2022

Hi,

A few months ago, we launched the new GoTo Training in-session experience to great reception. Since then, many of you have helped us make it even better. Requested features like pausing screen sharing and remote control are back, all in a cleaner, simpler design.

It’s now time for everyone to make the move. On May 25, we will switch everyone to the new GoTo Training. But you don’t have to wait until then ­– you can take advantage of the new experience now!

Update today to get all your favorite training tools and more:

• A fresh, modern look and feel
  • Live feedback with emoji reactions
  • Hand raising for easily taking questions
  • Enhanced breakout rooms

Learn more about the new GoTo Training experience HERE.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
12 REPLIES 12
Trac88
New Contributor

Re: Important changes to GoTo Training on May 25, 2022

Hello there… I just want to make sure that the testing feature will be available on May 25 when we make the switch? I’m trying to confirm this as the testing feature is not available now in the newer version and I still need to stay on the old version because I need the testing features…
Trac88
New Contributor

Glen,
Thank you so much for these updates! I definitely need the testing features as I use these all the time. I use pre-testing via email and I use testing while I am teaching… What is the smooth transition plan for this feature? I cannot switch to your new version until the testing features are available.
EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Hi.

Clarity on some areas please. 

I note that the areas below you say are NOT available , but will they be on 24th May.? 

1. Clean screen - THIS COULD BE A GDPR ISSUE!!

2. You say will only work on chrome v97 - BUT our IT and many others for security insist we have latest version!! WHICH IS NOW Chrome is up to date- Version 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

How will this impact

2a. Trainer,

2b. Each delegate

Do we have to tell them to go back to v97 as for us THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN - NOT VIABLE.

3. I believe full mouse control is fully functional on the new version - is that correct 

4. Please can you explain what is the difference between the 

a, New desktop experience 

b. New Browser experience 

Thank you 

Eileen 

galmind
Active Contributor

Twice we've held training sessions in the new format and both times the system bumped us out.  The first time, we were told that the program will not be stable when working on a VPN and when we attempted to use it without our VPN, the same connectivity issues occurred.  And, our internet was not the issue.  The VPN issue is of concern.   Would prefer if more of the bugs were worked out before being required to switch over.  

EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Re: So many valid complaints of missing functionality and no responses apart from the odd reply.

@GlennD Are you the only representative of goto? 

I refer to my post on 10th May copied below - no replies but all I see is complaints from many users about the lack of functionality that we used to have!

I have sent constructive feedback and lists of items,  and now I am just getting annoyed as you appear to be taking no notice of your users. 

Respond to your users on the support pages with actual proper changes back to the basic practical functionality that trainers need or they have already been saying they will move - I think you will find they will move in their droves to teams or others, if you do not look after your clients and listen to their needs - or is that what you want?

Hi.

Clarity on some areas please. 

I note that the areas below you say are NOT available , but will they be on 24th May.? 

1. Clean screen - THIS COULD BE A GDPR ISSUE!!

2. You say will only work on chrome v97 - BUT our IT and many others for security insist we have latest version!! WHICH IS NOW Chrome is up to date- Version 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

How will this impact

2a. Trainer,

2b. Each delegate

Do we have to tell them to go back to v97 as for us THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN - NOT VIABLE.

3. I believe full mouse control is fully functional on the new version - is that correct?

4. Please can you explain what is the difference between the 

a, New desktop experience 

b. New Browser experience 

Thank you 

Eileen 

‎10-05-2022 12:09 PM
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: So many valid complaints of missing functionality and no responses apart from the odd reply.

Hi @EMurphyInfTrg 

1. Clean Screen sharing is currently not available however, you can share specific application windows. If you need to share your entire desktop during a training session I recommend closing your email and messaging clients.
  2. The new GoToTraining experience works in the last 3 versions of Chrome and Microsoft Edge if you are joining through the browser and not the new desktop app. Chrome 97 is only needed if you are wanting to use the classic version of GoToTraining and use all of its features. Google removed support for those features (old breakouts etc), from newer versions of Chrome.
  3. Keyboard and mouse control is available in the new experience
  4. Here is a comparison table between the new App and Web experiences

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

@GlennD 

Hi - thank you, 

What do you mean by share a specific application  Glenn - ie excel? When I tried, it just kept showing me the gotoapp  not my excel spread sheet. I want to flip between a browser based cloud solution we train on and word or excel docs as well. 

Dreadful experience today with just 1 delegate, what will it be like with 8 on the bandwidth, lagging, refreshing, slow speed and disrupted audio!

copy of separate post. 

Used it with clients just, and was a dreadful experience!! 

Dreadful experience today with just 1 delegate, what will it be like with 8 on the bandwidth, lagging, refreshing, slow speed and disrupted audio!

1. Audio distorted when with same delegates last week no issues on the old platform.

2. Huge delays when sharing my screen (again no issues last week) was not our fibre optics, and last week was fine (all training we done is on cloud based solutions),

3. When I gave mouse control to a delegate it did not work on my excel spreadsheet.

4. Dreadful experience, wasted over a third of the session on lagging and speed moving through the training.

5. Happy to feedback in the platform with my email address, but the submit button was greyed out (striked out in red so could not submit) Abit of a shambles!!

EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Embarrassing and not fit for purpose. 

Clients this am have asked we use teams or zoom - because compared to all our other sessions, they said that it was "very poor". How embarrassing. 

RichCompliance
New Contributor

Agree - I use the tests all the time as well as providing materials, and I need both to work in a at least one experience you provide.  Test was loaded to the course, but did nto launch today.