cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Our attendees had limited chat options on some of our training days.

We taught a five-day class this week.  On four of the days (M, Tu, W, and F) we were told that they only had the option to chat with the organizer (there was no option to chat with everyone) and they couldn't see a list of other attendees.

But on Thursday, they could chat with all and saw a list.

On some days, my coworker started the session, but on Thursday I started the session. We use the same login and password to start the session. Why would the end user have a different interface based on who started the session?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Our attendees had limited chat options on some of our training days.

Hi there,

The GoToTraining settings that allow Attendees to Chat freely are available while in session, through the Organizer's control panel.  The next time you start your training double check that your preferred Chat behavior is selected.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

We would like to second this issue.   I have "Attendees can chat with Anyone" checked in my options, however the attendees using the downloaded control panel can only chat with organizers.  Attendees in Web mode, however, have the Everyone option.    Please see attached screenshots - this is observed in the same GoToTraining room at the same time.  We have a training scheduled this Thursday where Everyone chat is necessary, so we're hopeful we can troubleshoot this issue before then.  Thank you!gototraining - chatsession.PNG

gototraining - chatweb.PNGgototraining - nochat.PNG

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Sorry for the quick reply - I figured this out.  Perhaps this will help the original poster and anyone else having this issue - and perhaps will help with bug testing?

"Attendees can view attendee list"  MUST be turned on for "Everyone chat" to appear for attendees using the downloaded control panel.   Again, this DOES NOT appear to effect attendees using the web application either way - web app users can always chat with Everyone when the option is available.

See below for resolution.  This is using the same room as above, with the only difference being "Attendees can see Attendee List" being enabled.

GoToTraining - Control Panel for post.png