cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting Keeps Showing Up As macOS Login Item

Anyone else experiencing GoToMeeting consistently re-adds itself as a login item for my macOS user.

Haven't tracked this closely, but I'm confident that I've removed it multiple times from my User settings. Both on GTM 9 and GTM 8.28ish.

Is there a reason why this keeps cropping up? Thanks!

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Keeps Showing Up As macOS Login Item

Hi @Ajakson ,

On Mac OS, you will want to drag the entire application folder to the trach bin, befor emptying the trash and rebooting.  This will remove GoToMeeting from your system.

Active Contributor

Nah. I'm not trying to remove the software, just stop if from adding itself as a login item in System Preferences -> Users & Groups.

I'm seeing this both on macOS 10.12.6 Sierra and macOS 10.14 Mojave Beta. Shortly after removing GoToMeeting from the Login Items, it gets readded. Very malware/adware-esque, to be honest. I can't find any settings to disable this, and I don't want GoToMeeting opening when I login.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 1.46.51 PM.jpg

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Ajakson Could you please confirm the GoToMeeting version in use there (under the 'About' category)?

Active Contributor

The apps that are doing this are GoToMeeting Messenger (2.26) and now GoToMeeting 9.3.0.466.

My guess is that this is related to the addition of Messenger pieces in GTM 9 and that the actual conferencing software (8.32.0 is what I'm running mostly) isn't doing any of this.

LogMeIn Contributor

This small Mac G2M removal tool might help if some parts of GoToMeeting remain after a removal attempt.

LogMeIn Contributor

We are working on a solution currently to change the behavior of GoToMeeting V9 startup on Mac OS.  Unfortunately I have no ETA for the release yet.

New Contributor

I have this problem too. Any ETA yet?

LogMeIn Contributor

@jnunemacher  GoToMeeting Version 9 is still in the Beta testing phase, and I'm uncertain if it will be fully released to all customers.  If you are experiencing issues that affect your workflow, I suggest uninstalling and reverting to the V8+ software.