cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Recording Of Video When Screen is Minimized

As a host of a webinar we do using GoToMeeting, I record the presentation. I am the host, but always make someone else the presenter. I almost never watch the webinar itself, because the content isn't relevant to me. Therefore, I have the screen minimized and I focus on the GoToMeeting administrative panel.

Twice now, I've had recordings ruined because the recording properly picks up the audio of the presenter, but not their shared screen. This most recent time, the video portion of the recording only kicked in when I maximized the shared screen out of my toolbar. So, it properly picked up their audio, but the recording shows only a black screen, which I know their screen was properly shared. The recording begins to show the shared screen at the time I chose to click on the minimized screen just to look at it quick. I didn't keep the screen open, but the recording does show the presenter screen for the rest of the recording.

1. Why is this happening?

2. How do I record both the audio and video of a GoToMeeting session without having to look at the maximized shared screen of the presenter?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Recording Of Video When Screen is Minimized

@Christopher Cle  I am not aware of any known issues like the one you report currently.  Was this recording done online, or your local computer?

Active Contributor

My recordings are always done on a MacBook Air.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Christopher Cle  What happens if you view the presentation before minimizing the application?

Have you also tested this out through GoToMeeting's Online Recording functionality?

Active Contributor

I'm guessing that your point about viewing first may play a role. Maybe there is something about viewing, then hitting record, then minimizing, etc. Maybe what I did today was minimize and THEN hit record.

I didn't even know it was possible to record online, but I've done this about 50 times in the last year and it's only not worked twice, so I'd like to continue with what I'm doing. If I'm doing something wrong (maybe the minimizing, then hitting record process?) I'd prefer to learn and just do it correctly.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Christopher Cle  I'm not aware of an issue like the one you describe, but if you can recreate it on demand, please confirm the GoToMeeting software version in use, and your Mac OS there.