cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Where can I send suggestions? Problem with webcam

Hi, for quite some time when I'm joining a meeting and start the webcam it just shows black. Sometimes this gets solved if I change browser from Chrome to Firefox but sometimes I have to restart my computer many times. The webcam seems to be fine, I try it with Skype and it works correctly but then I have this problem with GotoMeeting. I was just wondering if there could be an option added where you could try the webcam (like you try speakers and microphone) before the host/presenter arrives. So if I arrive early I can see if it works and then if not try to solve it before the meeting starts. Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Where can I send suggestions? Problem with webcam

Hi @Fernandouy 

Can you please provide some more details about your computer and webcam? Are you using a Windows PC or a Mac? What make and model of webcam? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD  thanks for your reply. I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. Still I just wanted to make that suggestion that feature was added. You can do it in Skype settings for instance. Instead of just testing the audio before the webinar starts, add something where you could test the webcam. That's it.

LogMeIn Manager

You can test the webcam by opening the Preferences of the GoToMeeting software: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/manage-preferences-for-the-desktop-app-windows-g2m01...

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Thanks @GlennD  but this talks about the desktop app which seems to be for the host/presenter which is the one paying for the service. I'm just an attendee who shows up weekly for the webinar.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Fernandouy  The article does reference the desktop GoToMeeting software, and this is available to all participants -- not just the Organizers.  Once you are in-session, or waiting for the Organizer yourself, the GoToMeeting icon should appear as active in your taskbar / doc.  From there, you will have access to the Preferences GlennD referenced.

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply @AshC  I may not be aware of how to install/use the desktop app or there may be another problem. When I go to the link of the meeting on either Chrome or Firefox, it starts GotoMeeting automatically. It doesn't have that option.

I just installed the GotoMeeting app from Microsoft Store on my laptop and I could see it's very limited. It suggested 'Switching to the desktop app' and I clicked there and it opened the same thing that opens when I use Google Chrome or Firefox, which again just allows me to test audio not video.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Fernandouy   If you are utilizing the Microsoft Store for apps, this may indicate your operating system does not support the desktop GoToMeeting application.  In that case, I might suggest sticking with the web app there.

New Contributor

@AshC  no, I've been using the app with Chrome for GotoMeeting/GotoWebinar for at least 2 years. I don't know if that's the desktop or not. I installed, yesterday, the app from Microsoft Store to try it. As I said, it was very limited. When it offered to switch to the desktop app, I clicked there and it opened from Chrome. I'm not sure if that's the desktop version. If it is, it doesn't allow me to test the webcam. If it's not, I'd appreciate to know how to install it.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Fernandouy  I'm sorry, but your tablet was not designed to run the full GoToMeeting desktop application, which is why the MOBILE app you received from the Microsoft Store is limited.  When you mentioned "Joining through Chrome", that's the standard Web App version that doesn't require a special download at all.