cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Computers recently started experiencing packet loss (despite 20mb/s)

Hello,

I have two computers that recently have started experiencing packet loss very frequently. This started last week after I added my latest computer to Goto.

It is quite odd, because when I check my internet speed, I get 20mbit/s on both computers.

When both are on at the same time, I lose connection all the time, it works better if only one is running.

Performance setting is set to “Better speed”, and changing the colour quality makes no difference.

Both Gotos are up to date and the computers have recently been rebooted. Win10 on both systems.

What might be the problem??

Thanks for a great product.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Computers recently started experiencing packet loss (despite 20mb/s)

Hello,

thank you very much for your time. It turns out that the problem was the switch that I'm using. I moved the ethernet cables around and now everything is working smoothly. Sorry for bothering you with this!

Thanks again

6 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

@sexyterran Sorry, would you mind selecting 'About' from the Host GoToMyPC software in order to confirm the installed version?

Can you confirm how your LAN is set up -- wireless or otherwise?

Active Contributor

Hello Ash,

it's 10.1 Build 2329 on both. I'm using cables.

LogMeIn Contributor

@sexyterran Thanks.  So are you saying that when just one Host is accessed remotely there are no connection issues--- only when the 2nd Host is accessed simultaneously?

If so, does this happen immediately when you make the 2nd connection, or what is the average timeout period to disconnect?

Active Contributor

So I did a little test today.

I was using the one computer I've been using with Goto for months now, and it was working fairly well, some "packet loss"-messages (which was NEVER the case before adding the second comp), but it was usable. Colour quality was set to 256 colours.

So I started the second one, and then both computers instantly started lagging really bad, I lost connection to both of them, and even after closing the second one, the first one kept experiencing packet loss for another 30 minutes before being usable again.

LogMeIn Contributor

@sexyterran  Would you be able to look through your online account for each Host's session performance?

: My Computers section::  Options ?

You should see something like this:

G2PsessionPerformance.png

Active Contributor

Hello,

thank you very much for your time. It turns out that the problem was the switch that I'm using. I moved the ethernet cables around and now everything is working smoothly. Sorry for bothering you with this!

Thanks again