cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

audio performance when starting applications

On my 16GB i7 macbook pro, when I'm on a GTM, presenting or not, when I start an application, very often the audio on the call will break up for me (using the computer audio).  Is there a way to boost the priority of the GTM processes so this does not happen??  Very annoying, particularly when presenting or listening intently.

Jeff

3 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: audio performance when starting applications

Hi Jeff,

I am sorry for the frustration there.

While GoToMeeting itself cannot take priority on your Mac, I'd like to ask some questions around your connections.

Are you connected to your LAN through Wi-Fi, or through a direct broadband cable?

Are you using desktop speakers, built in, or a connected headset?

These are a few variables that may cause an issue, if you have tested both sides, then we can probably look closer at the Mac itself.

New Contributor

Wi-fi, only one in the house, close to WAP.  Fast FIOS wireless router and connection tested with speedtest.net.

Using Mac speakers or headset - mute or unmuted - still happens.

LogMeIn Contributor

I would also highly recommend restarting your Mac before the start of GoToMeeting, in case there are unused background applications running that you may not be aware of. 

If the problem persists, I would then test off-LAN, if you cannot connect directly to the router instead of WiFi.  Test from a different wireless network to try and rule out your networking hardware or ISP.