cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

MAC Host Unavailable

Hello

I have an issue whereby my remote host, (MAC mini), is constantly showing as unavailable.  It is powered on and connected to the Internet so that is not the problem.  From another MAC on the LAN I can connect to the MAC using 'Share Screen', so the network config should be OK.  While using 'Screen Sharing' I can access the Internet.

Setup:  MAC mini running macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3 and GoToMyPC version 9.6 (2220)

Problem:  Remote host is always unavailable.  While sat in front of the host and logged in I can manually start the GoToMyPC program, but it requires the host admin password every time.  The GoToMyPC program / service does not automatically start when the host is rebooted, so this is what is making the host unavailable and non-contactable for remote connections.

Workaround:  Login to the host before leaving the house and manually start the GoToMyPC program and enter the admin password.  This is not really acceptable and it also only lasts for a short period of time before the application needs restarting the password is required again.

Attempted Fix:  Remove / uninstall GoToMyPC; Reboot; Re-install = Same problem as described above.

Attempted Fix:  Checked firewall settings and all ok.  Disabled firewall, but original problem still exists.

Attempted Fix:  Check internet forums for similar issues and follow proposed solutions, but none have worked for me.

Attempted Fix:  Smash head on table when trying to access remote host after remembering I forgot to use the workaround mentioned above.

The only time I can make the remote host available is to start the GoToMyPC program manually and enter the admin password and then lock the MAC.  If the MAC reboots the GoToMyPC program / service does not restart and the host shows as unavailable.

Thanks

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: MAC Host Unavailable

Hi Tim,

I am very sorry for all the frustrations this has caused.

I've upgraded your GoToMyPC account version to the very latest (not fully released) to deal with your persistent High Sierra conflicts.  Let us know if this helps.

** Anyone else who wishes to test out a newer beta build to address the same issue can click on my name in this Community, in order to direct message me with your account login details.

17 REPLIES 17
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Tim,

I am very sorry for all the frustrations this has caused.

I've upgraded your GoToMyPC account version to the very latest (not fully released) to deal with your persistent High Sierra conflicts.  Let us know if this helps.

** Anyone else who wishes to test out a newer beta build to address the same issue can click on my name in this Community, in order to direct message me with your account login details.

New Contributor

AshC

Thanks for the response.  I've installed the latest client as you've suggested and it appears to be working fine again.  The version of the GoToMyPC client is now at 9.6 (Build 2293).  After installation I rebooted and was able to connect first time.  Smiley Happy

I'll test over the next couple of days and if there are further issues I'll reply to this post again.

Thanks again.  Much appreciated.

Regards

Tim

New Contributor

Hello,

How can I get build 2293 or greater?   I am having the same issues Tim was having.  I am running High Sierra (10.13.3) with GotomyPC 9.6 build 2220.  

Thanks for your help

- Sean

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @seanadb,

I've set your Host PC to update to build 2293, it should update itself automatically.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @seanadb,

I've set your Host PC to update to build 2293, it should update itself automatically.

New Contributor

Thanks, Glenn, much appreciated.  Unfortunately, the computer is still listed as "Unconfigured".  There's no issues with Internet access.   Are there special firewall rules required?

New Contributor

Same thing is happening to me. This started this morning after I upgraded to MacOS 10.13.4, so it must be a compatability issue with that. Can I get the newest version pushed to me too please?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @mikeymike88,

I have set your Host computer to get the newest version. It looks like your GoToMyPC software is currenlty offine so you may need to reboot in order for it to see the update.

New Contributor

Hi Glenn - I’ve been having the same problem connecting to my Mother’s Mac.  Every time I need to help her use her Mac, I have to walk her through reinstalling gotomypc over the phone!  It defeats the purpose of using gotomypc, and feels like hot pokers in my eyeballs - she’s 85 yrs old and can barely us a remote control.  Can you get me setup with the “new” version for High Sierra?  Thanks!